cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to talk to live chat about a broadband upgrade, only to get my time wasted

rajatkhan
Tuning in

After asking my name and account number/email address and then confirming it, i explained that i simply want a CABLE BROADBAND upgrade with no bundle crap (i dont even have a landline connection at my address only a virginmedia cable connection).

The agent took ages, probably around 10 mins just to respond with a copy paste crap containing another link so that i can 'talk to LIVE CHAT' aswell as telling me that there's a package/bundle deal inc talk weekends and tv...

i got so mad i had to curse the agent for wasting my time. im certain this agent was in india. they always use the same formula. empty pleasantries and no substance or understanding of the problem. 

Since I have my baby sleeping next to me, I can't call. I just wanted to see a breakdown of  cable broadband deals for available customers. I've been a customer for 10 years at this address. I don't want to join another ISP because they do phone line connections..and I don't want or need oneo f those, I just want a virginmedia cable connection. It seems crazy that someone can join as a first timer and get a decent offer, whilst a customer for over 10 years doesnt even know how on earth to simply get a webpage with a list of broadband packages, select one, agree to the terms, input my details and confirm it. 

Even the 'select board' menu on this is all over the place.

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rajatkhan 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of this experience.

To discuss new deals, please either call us on 150 / 0345 454 1111 or message the team via Whatsapp on +447305 327 112.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Client62
Legend

Are there any internet only upgrade options offered from the Virgin Media online account ?

rajatkhan
Tuning in

I work during most days and if i'm not at work i'm taking care of my baby and don't want to be on the phone for an hour talking to someone.

The process of signing up to virginmedia is easy, so why don't I have an option to upgrade directly from my account? why have you people locked this option from us and force us to talk to someone on the phone? 

There is a link on my account it it leads to a non-existing page.

rajatkhan
Tuning in

ill be cancelling my contract. it isn't worth upgrading.

Hi rajatkhan,

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way and have been thinking of cancelling. I do appreciate your frustration with the experience you've had. We'd love to be able to assist further, but we just cannot help with package changes or disconnections from here.

I'm sure a member of the team will be with you soon to assist via online chat.

Beth