cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer ownership to ex partner

Smify002
Joining in

Hello, im trying to figure out how to change ownership of my account and package to my ex partner as i no longer live at the address after we have split up. she wants to keep the package and direct debit i just need to change my name of the account and remove my access and give it to her. please help

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Smify002 

I'm sorry to say but VM don't allow the transfer of account ownership,  except where the account holder is deceased.

As the account holder you are resonsible for the payments, irrespective of the name on the direct debit.

Your ex partner can pay, however if the direct debit is set it in your name then this can be changed by signing into My Virgin Media and updating the payment details.  As a non account holder she wouldn't be able to make any changes to the account such as regrade or cancellation.

If the account is out of contract so that no early termination fees are due then it may be simpler for you to call and cancel by giving 30 days notice. This would allow you ex to sign up and register an account in her name and for her to take advantage of new customer pricing.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Smify002 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

As @newapollo has correctly advised, a transfer of ownership is only possible in cases where an account holder is critically ill or has passed away.

We have further info on this  👉 here 

Many thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs