Menu
Sc0ttie2704
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

there is an old account on my credit report and i cannot locate anything on this

i have an old unpaid account on my credit report. i have tried to get some information on this from Virgin head office but i have no response. the account is also showing my old address.

i really want to get this rectified now but do not know where to start.

can someone help me?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: there is an old account on my credit report and i cannot locate anything on this

Did you get any information from the credit agency on how to contact or make changes.

Most credit agencies allow you to query a record and select options such as incorrect information or account status wrong.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Sc0ttie2704
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: there is an old account on my credit report and i cannot locate anything on this

Hi Matt

thank you for your message.

I have also emailed them this morning to see if they can help.

fingers crossed 🙂 

thank you

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Sc0ttie2704,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear you've been struggling to find out more information in regards to the former account.

Have you been able to obtain more information from the credit agency? Do you still seek assistance on this matter from out Forum team?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Sc0ttie2704
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

thank you for the message.

the agency are looking into it and have raised a case, so hopefully they will be able to enlighten me soon.

thank you again

kind regards

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Sc0ttie2704,

Do please update the thread when you have any further information, I'm sure our readers would be happy to kept abreast of any developments

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Sc0ttie2704
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Of course.

Kind Regards
0 Kudos
Shafreya
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just as a heads up, if you are looking to get it removed from your credit report, it very much likely will not be. You yourself say it was unpaid.

It should just get marked as resolved on your report, once paid.

0 Kudos
Sc0ttie2704
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I’m not looking to get it removed I’m trying to find out more information on it and who is best to speak to to find this out.

I’ve written to virgin head office, spoken to the accounts team but no one can help me.

I’ll wait for the credit agency to get back to me.

thank you 

0 Kudos
Shafreya
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You could try sending an email over to:

creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

It is meant for credit file amendments however but it’s the closest department I’d think of. Haven’t been around VM for a bit so don’t know how staffed the department will be because of Covid, there might be a long, long wait. It was a couple weeks wait before covid.

It would be a good idea to give identifying details in the email if you do mail them such as your name and account number and address and some contact details if you would like a reply other than via email.

0 Kudos