Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

support needed

Hi I am struggling i need to cut my package down as I am reliant on just ssp this month due to being ill . I need to keep my broadband due to illness but I can do with out the premium channels I have and cut my TV package down to a minimal one 

I cant do this online it wont let me .. i also need an extension on my current bill 

I've tried live chat and texting but no one is contacting me back 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: support needed

Hello

With regards to downgrading I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've already text that number 

Tried to call also

Guess I will just have to wait it out and hope my services don't get cut off before I have chance to resolve it as literally its my only way of contacting them 

Frustrating 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello

If you try and call tomorrow at 8am when the lines open more than  likely get straight through.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So an update 

I received no reply to the text message I sent over a week ago ... live chat didnt answer me so I followed the advice on here and spent 3 days ringing using valuable minutes on hold for my call to be disconnected each time before someone spoke to me 

Today after 50 mins on hold I got through to customer services who told me I cannot downgrade my package as I have an outstanding bill ( I didnt when I tried first getting in touch )

And they also can't extend my date i need to pay the outstanding balance or risk losing my services .... i have explained due to illness I cant until I receive the money due to me on 25th 

I need to keep my services as my kids cannot go to school as I'm isolated and have to home school online and also this is how I get food for them daily as I'm reliant on a food delivery service which have agreed to bill me at the end of the month... i order the food daily as im bed ridden and cant actually cook atm 

I'm in a terrible situation but they won't do anything to help all "miss carmella" was bothered about it that I hadn't paid my bill on time constantly repeating that I will have to pay a late payment charge 

I've offered to set up payment for the full outstanding amount to come out on that date but she said no 

If i could of paid it i would of !!! I didnt ask to be ill..

The support pages say if you cant pay contact us we can help you but thats far from the truth she wasnt interested in my situation just that I need to find 47 pounds by Sunday or bye bye services 

I cannot believe that a billion pound company would let 2 kids suffer for 47 quid 

Because they wont raise my credit limit even tho I always pay my bills 

Let down seriously 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hippolincs,

You should try speaking to the Collections Team  on 0800 052 0360 from any phone. They are open Monday to Saturday, 8am until 6pm, except for Bank Holidays where they’re open from 8am ‘til 5pm. They are closed on Sundays

virgin-media-missed-payment 

You might find that you’re going to have difficulty keeping up with your Virgin Media payments if your circumstances have changed. We’re here to support you with that by talking through payment options you can take in order to keep your services.

We have options to help you, depending on what situation you’re in. They can vary from giving you those few extra days to pay your bill, to offering you a reduced service for up to six months so that you can stay with us while paying back what you owe in an affordable way.

If your circumstances mean you can’t take any of our options, then we might have to place our account with one of our trusted agencies who’ll be able to accommodate you making payments over a longer time.

Remember that we’re here to help make payments straightforward for you, and support you with managing your account in difficult times. If you need to talk to us about debt, please get in touch by messaging or calling us using the contact details at the bottom of this page.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That was the collections team I spoke to 

Was transfered by customer services after they refused to downgrade ny package 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Hippolincs I have escalated your thread behind the scenes and hopefully one of the forum team will be along soon and may be able to help.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hippolincs,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having issues. I've sent you a PM to get your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C