Menu
charliemln
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

student offer with just eat gift card

Hi, 

I joined virgin media in August after seeing an offer where students would have cheaper wifi and a just eat gift card. It's now been a month and no sign of the gift card! Does anybody have any idea how to get it? It's written in my emails from virgin that I should receive one...

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: student offer with just eat gift card

Hi charliemln,

The following link gives timescales and contact details relating to VM offers virgin-media-free-gifts 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
charliemln
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've texted the number they give but have received no answer... 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey charliemln,

Apologies for our delayed response and to hear that you haven't received your Voucher Offer with your new customer order.

If you haven't been able to get any help with this since posting, just give me a shout and I'll pop you over a PM and look into this for you. 

Let me know 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos
charliemln
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi ! 

Thank you for responding 🙂

I have had no help nor have I been able to get a response from the number you're supposed to text if you have this issue. It has been 5 days.

Please do message me. 

Charlotte

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear you've not been able to get any help Charlotte. I'll send you a PM now and take a look.

See you at the purple envelope!

Beth

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey Charlotte,

Just a quick update - I have now spoken with the Free Gifts team in regards to your justeat gift card, and they have explained that this giftcard was offered from a comparison site and they were not actually offered directly from Virgin Media. However the team have advised that these sites usually dispatch the vouchers 90 days after your installation date.

Let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be more than happy to help.

Beth

0 Kudos
cwp100
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

I hope this forum is still open. It seems as if all students have been scammed by this offer as you fully refuse to assist in the details of the "partner" as well as refuse to provide guidance on how to contact or claim the Just eat voucher. Upon calling I was told to check my emails for whom first emailed me confirming there was a just eat voucher. This email address was 

info@virginmediapartners.com

To me that looks like a Virgin Media team? If not surely you would know who is using your companies email address or be able to find this information out? I have been waiting over 5 months and have called on a minimum of 12 separate occasions to have never been told a final answer. 

Within the email it states the following;

Should you wish to speak to a member of our team regarding your order then please contact us on 0800 952 2298, Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm.

The Virgin Media team

Please find below confirmation of the package you have selected.  

Student Broadband only - M200  

£25 Just Eat Gift Card

I have tried to call that number.... no longer active? It's as if Virgin enticed students with the offer and now have refused to follow up and actually hand out the vouchers?

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi cwp100,

Thanks for posting and really sorry to hear you've not yet received the voucher.

What you've been advised is correct, the voucher offer is through a third party site and should be issued to you after 90 days.

In regards to the phone number I'm not sure why this is no longer in use, I've emailed a colleague from the rewards team regarding this, and will let you know as soon as I have an update.

Alex_Rm

cwp100
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

Thank you for looking into that, has there been a response? When I joined I just typed into google virgin media student deal and it said call this number and that is how I joined which therefore makes it hard for me to understand which 3rd party business I have to chase down for the just eat voucher. The first email I received from the 3rd party company was the one I previous enclosed in which the number is no longer active so I have 0 chance of finding which business it was to uphold the promised voucher? 

If you could assist that would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos