Menu
jmay
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

set up/ activation fee

Can someone please help me clarify.

I resigned up to virgin when they had their free set up/activation which ended 23rd June 2021. I have screen shots but this was plastered all over their website.

I started my order on line but didn't complete and then had a phone call. I was offered a £100 credit against my account for signing up, and was then asked if i knew anyone who was a virgin customer so they said they could also apply £50 refer a friend and this would also be a credit on my first bill ( when i looked online after this was actually £60 each being offered)

After agreeing to joining i was then told that my credit to my first bill would be £115 and not £150 as i couldn't have the £35 free set up/ activation fee as they could not give me that  as well as refer a friend. I said ok but wasn't sure if this was right so checked all the terms and conditions online and couldn't find any information to clarify this so went to online chat. They then told me that yes i could have both as these were totally different incentives.

I have now tried ringing up virgin and was told that the set up fee and activation fee are different charges  and i would normally be charged £65, but was only being charged £35 ?  I was then also told it would take a couple of months for the refer a friend money and it would be a credit on my first bill.

I am totally confused, i don't know who is telling me the truth and what is correct/incorrect, and trying to find out information on line is hopeless.

I am at the moment just thinking about not bothering and cancelling as my contract doesn't start until the 27th July.

Any help/ information would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: set up/ activation fee

Hi jmay, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you have been having getting some clarification on what credits you are entitled too. 

I think the best thing for me to do here is to take a look directly at the account so I can go through things with you. In order to discuss this with you I will need to pass data protection. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos