Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 41
Flag for a moderator

router resets and unable to create my virgin media account

Hi. 

Last week my landlord cancelled his vm account and i started my own as i wanted the 350 package

never had a problem with the internet until the new router arrived, why i could't use the one  we already had is anyones guess. so plugged everything and all good 400 down 36 up this is great as im a key worker working from  home, but then at 19.30 the router reset itself and then did this again and again and again , this happens every night around the same time and vm are less than helpful, but they have agreed to send some one out but still not great as i cant provide the service to my customers due to this. Then i come to create my vm account since i seem have some child lock on my account and wont allow vpn and guess what i need vpn to access my works servers, so i put in all my details on the register my vm page but it keeps saying information missing every thing is entered correctly so phone vm wait 30 mins to get an answer to be told they will phone me back in a 2 days think its been 4 days now still no call. I never thought an isp  could make Talk Talk look good but its very tempting to go back to talk talk .

Rant over 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: router resets and unable to create my virgin media account

Hi sean73,

Welcome to our Community Forum and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear about the broadband and online account creation issues you're having and understand that you're eager on getting them resolved.

I've had a look at your network details and cannot find any problems with it. There are no errors and everything is within range. Can you tell us more about the issue for example is it the actual Hub resetting and if so what the the lights show?  Does it happen everyday and at other times?

With regards to your online account, are you able to register for new online account using your new details and if not, which page/step does the error appear?

Please let us know so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

The hub resets totally powers down as if ive pressed the reset button. then the base light goes red then all the lights go green and then they go through the usual power up sequence. Now this has only happened in an evening and since ive set up the new router.

when i do a speen test after this im getting 212.0 Mbps down and .44 Mbps. If i press the reset button in then the router is ok for a day or 2 and ive even had speeds of 513.0 down and 36 up (testing from my xbox hard wired)

no ive checked the router loggs and it means nothing to me but here it is. as you can see my router thinks it 1970.

01/01/1970 00:01:38criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:01:38criticalUnicast Ranging Received Abort Response - initializing MAC;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/06/2020 05:15:33criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/06/2020 05:15:33criticalUnicast Ranging Received Abort Response - initializing MAC;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/06/2020 01:57:6noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Sean73. I've had a closer look at your account and can see that a tech has already been arranged to take a look at your broadband issue and I'll a few more notes on there to help the tech for when they arrive.

Have you been able to register a new account with us yet and if there are problems, please tell us the error message and which page/step it exists so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

Im still unable to register I get to the point where i have to select a password dob and security question when i enter it all and select next it removes the password and says info missing 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi sean,

sorry to see you are having issues setting up your Virgin Media Account.

Have you tried clearing the cache/cookies on your browser?  Or tried a different browser? OR tried a different device to register from?

This is a longshot, but it's possible that it's removing your password due to it being in the wrong format. 

Virgin recommend you choose a password that is a minimum of 8 characters, and consists of uppercase and lowercase letters, as well as numbers. If  the password you type in doesn't fall in line with those then it might remove the password you entered, although I would I expect it to show an error message.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Sean73,

Have you taken a look at @newapollo's advice regarding the password? Please let us know if you're still having problems registering for an online account so we can take a look for you.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Ive tried using edge and chrome on my laptop and chrome on my phone plus the mobile app, itr still removes my password when i select next and at the top of the screen in a amber box says some information is missing and next the the password field say password isnt allowed try another on .

Ive used a mix of letters and numbers and when i enter it and confirm it says its good.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 41
Flag for a moderator

so this morning an engineer has been out and replaced my router so fingers crossed, and an hour later i have had 2 new routers delivered. How do i return these as i dont want to be charged for them.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Sorted with help from customer support i have now created an account with a supplied password and then changed to one i wanted