Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

rolling contract

My current contract I due to run out at the end of March 2020. is it possible to remind in this contract for a further 3 - 4 months until this virus lockdown situation is over?

I am happy to do a rolling contract, if there is such a thing. also that my price plan remaind the same

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: rolling contract

Hi James_20,

The virus situation has certainly put a lot of people under financial strain and with talks of the government thinking of extending same lock down conditions to 6+ months duration. There's no real end in sight. It's quite doubtful that VM would do that sort of freeze. Only Sky sports and BT sports seem to have freeze options at the moment.

Your contract will automatically convert to a rolling contract at the end of its minimum term. If you have an active discount,  then you will experience a bump in price when that minimum term comes to an end. There's always the yearly price increase around November/December each year.

It would be best to call 150 from a VM landline or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone) to negotiate a new deal. Go with the thinking of leaving us for any other reason option for the best chance of speaking to someone helpful based in the UK.

If you were/are thinking about switching ISP, please keep in mind that there are ISPs delaying new installs or outright putting them on indefinite delay. Meaning that even if you wanted to switch ISP, it might be hard to just now. There have been a fair few customers who have had to rush back to VM to cancel their cancellation because other ISPs simply aren't doing any new installs for the foreseeable future.

0 Kudos