Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

right to cancel

I just wanted to clarify, even though I ordered virgin media about 6 weeks ago it wasn't installed and the service didn't start until last Wednesday 23rd October, therefore am I correct in thinking I have 14 days from that day to exercise my statutory right to cancel?

I was already pee'd off, at having to set a stronger password on the router which forced me to go around the house switching all the smart devices to the new network as the hub wouldn't allow me to retain the same SSID and password as my previous router. But then today I had the unfortunate experience of actually speaking to someone called Romeo from customer services, it definitely wasn't love at first sight.

It was a ridiculous computer says no-esque conversation, basically I've never received an email from virgin throughout, therefore I assume the sales person spelt my name wrong which also means they spelt my email address wrong. This is now a problem because in order to set up an online account I need to know how to spell my surname. So I thought, customer services can tell me how they have spelt it, but apparently not. Despite the fact I passed through security questions, including bank details, I was told by Romeo that he couldn't spell my surname for me. He couldn't even tell me his surname, I guess virgin have a no surnames policy. He couldn't tell me his employee number, he couldn't put me through to his manager. In fact, after 30 minutes of waiting on hold for the pleasure of Romeo's company, he couldn't do anything except suggest I wait for my first bill which of course will never arrive, but this point was lost on poor Romeo. I then considered what if I had a real problem and needed actual help and that thought was quickly followed by good bye virgin, it's been a blast, in the destructive sense.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: right to cancel

14 days from install date

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: right to cancel

Hi ro2778,

Thank for posting here.

I'm very sorry to hear of the experience you've had up to now, it's certainly not the level of customer service we strive for, and I'm hoping we can put this right. 

apcyberax is right in that you have 14 days from the date your services started to change your mind and stop the services.

If you'd like I can help you make sure that all the spellings of your name/email address are all updated correctly?

Let me know and I'll pop you a private message.

Thanks

Melissa