Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

returning user, myvirgin account not updated

Hi

i've returned to virgin broadband after about 18 months with another provider. I have the same email address set up but slightly different account referece. I need myvirgin updates so i can access billing and tech services like service checker etc 

how can i get myvirgin updated?

thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: returning user, myvirgin account not updated

Hi murphyg10,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, As this is a different account number but using the same email it will show it is already associated with an account, you would need to set it up with a new email, once signed in you can use your current email as a contact email.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: returning user, myvirgin account not updated

@murphyg10 wrote:

Hi

i've returned to virgin broadband after about 18 months with another provider. I have the same email address set up but slightly different account referece. I need myvirgin updates so i can access billing and tech services like service checker etc 

how can i get myvirgin updated?

thanks 

From my understanding of the VM system, if the address mentioned above is an @virginmedia (or @blueyonder / @ntlworld / @virgin.net legacy domain address), and was the primary address for your old billing account, then the mailbox and address should have been deleted 90 days after your contract ceased.  This is according to VM's own Terms and Conditions). But the process fails all too often and leaves the former customer vulnerable to hacking and theft of personal and financial details.  These orphan addresses are subject to deletion without warning - another problem facing former customers! https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

Don't tell us the address, but confirm the general situation is what I am guessing?  Can you still use the address via webmail?  Can you still use the address via an email client (a programme on a computer or other device)?  Is the address showing as valid if you enter it at mailtester.com?

Paul_Dn is correct that you can't use the old address as the primary address on your new account, because it belongs with the old account.  BUT - VM DO HAVE a procedure in place for people who move house and this MAY still be available for you as a returning customer.  It is called Move & Transfer.  It involves moving all the email addresses from the old account to a new account, and deleting any new email addresses created on the new account.

Come back and let us know what you want to do and the Forum Team can take your personal details by private message and see what is possible.

Best wishes to you.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos