cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove the £288 charge for us leaving Virgin into an area that you do not service

kemno5
Joining in

Trying to remove our £288 charge for us leaving Virgin into an area that you do not service I notice on my bill there was also a charge of £35.21 for package changes yet we have made no package changes. I rang to cancel our contract last week but you mistakenly removed our landline from Friday evening, this should not have been done as I stated we would require both our internet and landline until when we moved out of the area on the 22nd September. One of your engineers called and was here for over 2 hours on the phone to various departments to get us reconnected. It was not our fault that you removed our landline and if the sum of £35.21 is related to this package change we would like it removed as we have paid our direct debit until 28th September.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @kemno5 

I've moved your post to the manage your account forum as the forum staff don't normally look in the chatter forum.

It's great that the engineer managed to get you reconnected again before you actually moved. 

Did you speak to the moving home team initially (they are the ones that have the systems to process the over ride of the early termination fees) or did you just place a cancellation request?

The way the moving home process works is that VM will still charge the early terminatiion fees but will then refund them as long as you give them evidence, within 30 days of cancelling, of you residing at the new property.

The accepted documents showing your new address are :- 

bank statement, driving licence, insurance policy, mortgage information, rental agreement or utility bill

You can send the documents either by email to  HomeMovers@virginmedia.co.uk

or  send paper copies to Virgin Media, Sunderland SR43 4AA

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi kemno5,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Many apologies for any issues faced with the cancellation of your package, get the neccesary details sent to what's been advised above and our team will get this rectified for you.

Regards,

Kain