Menu
ItalloSan
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

relocate equipment

Hi

We need to change the access box to a different window. How to I go about arranging this please?

Stephen

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: relocate equipment

In normal times, you'd call VM and arrange a non-fault engineer visit at £99.

In the current climate, these visits are not being arranged - home engineering visits are being limited to single-room installs and fault-fixes only. Your request is neither, so at the moment this can't be done.

You can check for updates on this policy at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ItalloSan
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

We have our 18mth granddaughter coming to live with us and we are unhappy about the router being in the same small bedroom where she sleeps.

I guess it woild be worth getting tin touch with VM - I previously used live chat to talk to customer service but can't seem to find it now. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Stephen

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can contact VM on the usual numbers - 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone)

It won't alter VM's policy on non-essential home visits though. I'm not sure on your reasons for being unhappy with the router location, but moving it is extremely likely to be viewed by VM as non-essential.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ItalloSan,

As I can see has been advised earlier in the thread, I'm afraid that non-essential visits are not going ahead for the foreseeable to keep everyone as safe as possible. You can find more information on this here.

In regards to contacting the team via live chat, you can find all of our contact information here.

Let us know if there's anything further that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos