cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

registering Power of Attorney with Virgin

JanieB1902
Joining in

I need to register the POA for my husband who has dementia and is no longer capable of dealing with the finances etc.  Is there an easy way to do this with Virgin as I find them a nightmare to deal with.  I need to be able to dealwith the account we have with them now and is perving nye impossible

Many thanks Janie 

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI: …

Power of attorney

If you need to tell us that you have given power of attorney to a friend or family member, or if you are the friend or family member of someone who has been given power of attorney, you can let us know by sending the confirmation or certified copy of the confirmation to us detailing the specifics of the change.

The address to write to is;

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

We recommend that you send us these documents to us using a recorded delivery. We will return the documents to you once we have received them and we’ll send a confirmation letter to you within 48 hours, though it may take a few days to arrive.

[ Source: Extra support at times of need ]

Should further help be need post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JanieB1902, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

用心棒 has hit the nail on the head here. You will need to send the documents in to us for us to update details on the account. 

In the meantime there are a number of things we can help with so as long as you can pass data protection, there is a chance we can help get whatever it is you need doing, sorted. 

Please let me know what you need to do with the account and I can let you know if it's something we can support you with or whether we will need to wait until the POA documents have been updated on the account. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I will not send the documents to Virgin as I do not trust them with them.  I would like to email them, life is hard enough having a husband with dementia so any added stress I try to avoid.

Hi JanieB1902,

Thanks for coming back to us on this and I appreciate this must be quite stressful having to sort everything out.

I'm afraid we don't have an email address for you to send the documents to. They will need to be sent in to the address posted above for us to update things on our system. 

If you send the documents via recorded delivery, this will give you the means to track the delivery to us. Once we have received them, we can process this on the account and get them returned to you then. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs