Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

price rises and contracts

I have had a VIP package for a year recently adding landline

my cost was £94 monthly which this month is £124. I rang call centres 3 different people, eventually reaching UK but they say my package has reverted to original price

I never had an email or text to say the offer was ending as I only look at my current bill each month.

I cannot afford the revised price even though I had a special offer for a year, I was hoping to re negotiate before new contract. They have an incorrect email address for me even though I keep revising it online when I pay the bills

Where do I stand as never had notification of contract auto renewing and not had any contact from them

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: price rises and contracts

Your contract and every bill advised you that the price would revert to the full price after your discounted period.

You have had plenty of opportunity to understand your contract and pricing terms.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your contract has not auto-renewed. It continues on a rolling month by month basis after the minimum period. Your 12 month reduction for VIP has ended so you are now on the full price for VIP.

If you want to see what is on offer for a new contract give Retentions a call on 150 option 1 then 1 then 4 then 5.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I already have and no help there

I was advised that my contract ended in November so was about to renegotiate

thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you can talk to retentions they may help but afaik adding the phone line would start a new contract so if i am correct your contract will not finish in november but 12 months from the date you added the phone - any change to the your package up or down normally starts a new contract for all services - you need to check

if i am wrong and they will not negotiate you have choices

1 - carry on as you are - you are not happy with that so

2 - give 30 days notice - that opens up the possibility that outbound retentions will contact you and make you an offer to stay - if they do then its usually a one time offer that you must accept or reject then and there - whilst they will put notes on your account [normal] retentions cannot make the same offer

if they do ring and you are not happy with any offer then your 30 days notice will continue

but note there is no guarantee they will ring

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The OP needs to clarify as they have made 2 conflicting statements.

”I have had VIP for a year”. VIP includes a landline.

”I have recently added a landline”. So is this a “second” landline, in which case it will be a seperate item to VIP.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos