cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power of attorney

LesleyS1
Joining in

I have power of attorney for my fathers account..He is seriously ill in hospital. I have twice rung via his home phone (150) and told that nothing can be done without his memorable word. I cannot get his memorable word! My mum who is 89 wants to be able to phone the hospital and me in the week. She is frightened to use the phone in the week because quote  “it will cost too much” . They have free calls weekend only . All I want to do is change the package for weekday calls. I have spent over five hours trying to deal with this. What should I do? No one will accept my power of attorney. 

3 REPLIES 3

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LesleyS1 👋,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear of your experience with our team. I can appreciate this is already a difficult time with your Father in hospital and you don't need the added stress. 

I appreciate you have Power of Attorney but can you clarify if that has been registered with us?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha, i told the lady on the phone, 3/9/23 and the man on the phone 16/9/23 that I had a code to give them. They said they could only deal with me if I had the memorable word. They both said that they would post out a letter for a new password. I’m still waiting for it. I was not given any information about how to register on either phone call. 

I'm going to pop you a PM 📩 now to take a closer look into this and we can take it from there. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs