Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

poor customer service

Why are Virginmedia using the coronavirus as an excuse for delayed response times? I thought they were meant to be a leading tech company!!! I have tried four times to ring virgin and after 40minutes each time have given up. The reference to the support website link is useless as it does not cover the issue. It is clear they have cut staff. When your box goes wrong and you are paying good money for a service you are not receiving how do you get a response. There seems to be no other way to contact them other than over the phone.

Does one have to complain direct to CISAS these days to get a response?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor customer service

@Stephenmummery wrote:

Does one have to complain direct to CISAS these days to get a response?

You have to wait 8 weeks from the date of your complaint to complain to CISAS or they will just dismiss you. 40 minutes doesn't sound so bad now does it?

And covid is a great "excuse", Hands face space kids! Wait, its not a hoax? AHHH.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Forty minutes was just one wait. Multiply that by four and it is over two hours!!!!  I am just about to write to Virgin media to start the process. Based on past experience in 2017 they will not reply within the eight weeks and I go to CISAS. However what will happen if I stop my direct debit!!! Will they just cut me off?  I have already investigated other options and for what I am paying now I can get Sky so I am looking into that alternative.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The customer service, as you will see from other posts on the forum, is breathtakingly bad. However, don't just stop your direct debit. That's going to cause you a whole host of problems possibly culminating in debt collection.

However, you should absolutely complain and if - as you say is highly likely - they don't reply in 8 weeks then take it to CISAS. Remember that complaints and the response to those is something OFCOM looks at when compiling their annual report so it's worth doing. Good luck. 

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephenmummery,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you haven't been able to speak to us in regards to your issue.

Please can you expand on exactly what issues you are experiencing so I can try to help?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Nice to hear from you Paul.

I have two TIVO boxes. About a month ago I started experiencing problems with both. The one in the front room came up with error messages. I ran a test and was told to reboot. This I did and it worked for about a week when the same problem arose. I tried to contact customer services by phone but after waiting about thirty minutes listening to dreadful music I gave up. The problem has recurred over the last three weeks about twice a week and I have to reboot. Each time I have tried to ring customer services with no success. The other box suffered from a broken up picture and I rebooted but have experienced similar problems to the other box but not so bad .It is clear that the boxes need to be replaced but as I cannot get hold of customer services I cannot arrange anything. The reference to the website is useless as it just sends you round in circles and you end up having to try and ring.

Because of the continuing problem I have been investigating alternatives. I had a deal to pay £78 per month until November when it would rise to £123 per month. I noted that if I were a new customer I could get a deal at £77 per month for an 18 month contract with the maxi bundle and two V6 boxes..  With this in mind I investigated Sky and find that for £90 I can get a similar deal to that which I have with Virgin. I am now therefore in a bit of a quandry. Why pay about £30-£40 a month extra? For a pensioner this is a lot of money. I could go to SKY for a year or so and then come back to Virgin as a new customer and get another deal.  It is disgraceful the way loyalty to Virgin is penalised. I have been a customer for over thirty years with Virgin and its predecessors and like the virgin set up. However if the customer service stays as it is what incentive is there for me to stay?  I also have a couple of mobile phone contracts with Virgin and my wife has one as well so if I leave Virgin I will have to review those as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

HI Stephenmummery,

I will be more than happy to look into this issue for you, 

so I can access your account I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

PAUL_DN

I received a text from Virgin and because i answered yes that someone had had covid the automated service cancelled my appointment for the engineer to come tomorrow..

That is unacceptable. The isolation period is well over and the person who had covid has since had a negative test and there is no reason to re-book the appointment. It is again impossible to get through on the phone so I am trying to contact you to ensure that the appt will not be cancelled and the engineer comes tomorrow. The automated text is a disgrace.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephenmummery

Thanks for coming back to us.

I am sorry you feel this way, however the text does ask if someone is isolating or has symptoms. If you've answered yes to either of those then we'll rebook the visit for two weeks time

This is the correct process. Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The question states " could you tell us if anyone at home has been diagnosed with or is showing symptoms" Yes someone had been diagnosed. There is no option to answer the second part of the question. An assumption is therefore made which is erroneous. As there is nobody in the household who currently has covid or suffering any symptoms can the appointment please be re-instated

0 Kudos