cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying off my old debt

mjervis31
Joining in

I was a customer over 3 years ago, I don't know my old virgin account number .....but I can't contact them without the above details which is kind of frustrating me. 

I could however give them the address and postcode and my details but actually speaking to a human is currently impossible without my log in details. They've told me that the only way I can contact the complaints department because I don't have the information to be able to pass security is to do this via web form. this requires a sign in for my account ...I cannot provide this as I don't have an account. Im stuck in a constant circle of not being able to speak to anyone because I don't have my 3 year + account info. 

They have told me that I owe them money for a bill that they've also sent me email conformation recipe of. it makes no sense and I can't speak to anyone. 

Any info be greatly recieved thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi mjervis31 

If you want to pay off an old debt then you could call the collections team on freephone 0800 952 2025 however this wouldn't remove any default that may have been placed on your credit file.

If you do have a credit default relating to VM which you want to query then you should email

creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

It generally takes up to 28 days for them to look into, update and remedy anything they have done to affect your credit rating. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Morning mjervis31,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been unable to get in touch with the team. We're unable to take payments via this forum but I can take a closer look at this for you.

I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think a default will remain on your credit file for 6 years, but I don’t know if this is from when the default was reported or from when it’s cleared.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2