cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overcharged?

FireCrackerJim
On our wavelength

my original contract ended on the 18th of feb, I extended my contract until the 22nd of march

on the 22nd of feb you took out 169.00

and now I have recieved a bill for 147.50 which will be taken on march the 22nd

thats over 300 quid for just over 30 days extension can you explain to me what is going on?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@FireCrackerJim wrote:

my original contract ended on the 18th of feb, I extended my contract until the 22nd of march

Something's not right about this - what you have with VM is a rolling contract that always has 30days notice and doesn't need "extending" or anything. What it has is a minimum term which is often hand-in-hand with a promotional discount of some kind.

When that minimum term ends, which often tallies with the expiry of a time-limited discount, you are free to renegotiate your contract and potentially get a new discount, in exchange for a new minimum term. Or you can continue with standard pricing and be free to give 30 days notice at any time.

With that in mind, I'm curious what you did that makes you think you extended by 30days alone? I suspect that you've just rolled out of your minimum term and that if you check the dates on your bill, together with the discount dates, your time-limited reductions may have been part-way through your bill cycle dates.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @FireCrackerJim,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear of this happening with what appears to be a rolling contract, it seems strange that you have had to pay so much recently since moving onto a new rolling contract.

Does your bill show what the extra amounts that you owe are for? This should be in the breakdown section of your bill and should at least provide some explanation.

Regards,

Steven_L

when my contract was coming to the end I was told I would be charged £169 but I would recieved around £50 quid back on the 3rd of march, obviously this has not happened as I extended until the 22nd of march.

this new bill says It will take out on the 147.50 but covers the 14th march until 13th of april

surely i should have some sort of refund coming my way seeing as I am leaving on the 22nd?

Thanks for getting back to us FireCrackerJim. 

I would need to take a closer look at the account to establish what the charges could be for. 

To do this, I will just need to confirm a few details via private message. I'll pop this over to you now and we can go from there 🙂

Speak soon, 

Nat