Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

overcharged on my bill

After my last bill was £299 I contacted virgin media via text and on the community forum,  I upgraded my homephone package to include uk mobiles and landlines and yet this month I was still charged for the mobile calls and my bill was £223. What can I do to reverse this charge- I think virgin media have not upgraded my package as I requested. They specified that it was from the day I spoke to them however they clearly have not done this, 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: overcharged on my bill

What does your itemised bill in "My Virgin Media" show in respect of call charges?  If all went to plan, your bill this month would still have call charges from the previous billing date up to the date of the contract change, on your apparent track record these could be substantial. 

Assuming you are on the Talk More Anytime, you do know what ISN'T included?    If you ran up a three hundred quid bill the previous month, I'm guessing you make lllooonnggg phone calls?  These are free up to one hour, after that it is a rip off 11.25p a minute.  And if you're phoning somebody who has a "personal number" beginning 070, then ALL calls are charged at over 51p a minute (in that case tell them that they're no friend, and you're not phoning them ever again). 

And if you're phoning any premium service (chat lines, competitions) then those will be even more expensive.  My elderly mother recently complained that her phone bill (not VM) had shot up to a hundred quid a month, and after investigating it turned out that courtesy of Facebook she had been duped into phoning some stupid competition line, where (a) she believed she might win some tat that she didn't need, and (b) she'd not noticed the 99p a minute charges, and the fact that this was an automated series of questions intended to keep people on the line as long as possible....I've had her get her ISP to block premium rate numbers so it won't inadvertently happen again.  In the case of VM, some premium call rates are up to £3.60 per minute, and some have a £6.00 "call connection fee" that customers get charged as soon as the call connects - even if only to a machine.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many Thanks for your helpful answer. It is my son who ran up the bill on the phone to his gf's mobile and I am guessing he was on for longer than an hour. I have told him the implications of the bill and the calls from the previous bill- but this has clearly been ignored by both him and gf so I have confiscated the handset until the penny drops. Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting back and updating us maggietutor and happy to hear you managed to get to the bottom of the puzzle.

Fingers crossed he learns his lesson too.

Regards,

Lisa