cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on line contract renew application disaster

abtrooper82
Dialled in

I recently logged into my account and noticed my current contract had ended and there was an option to renew via an Offers link. After completing the various online parts, I sent the order in. I got a Pre-contract email with details of the new contact and nothing else since the 21st of August when I applied. I have been told by the Retention team, that if nothing else is sent to me, my current contract will remain in place but I could end up paying more. :-(. They also told me, I couldn't speak to a real person as the application was done online. The only way to get an update is via the live chat which takes me to Terri the Bot who asks a lot of questions and then restarts. 

Will someone (real) from VM please contact me with regard to this application and the current position?

7 REPLIES 7

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi abtrooper82,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Many apologies for the issues faced, from checking however I can see that you have another thread open regarding this matter.

To avoid confusion we'll allow responses to occur from there.

Regards,

Kain

The response I got from the other thread was to speak to the team that handles online renewal contracts. That is who I'm trying to find somewhere in VM., hence why I opened a new post. Is there such a team that deals with online ordering who can speak to me? I'm not the first or the last person to choose to take out a renewal on my contract online.

Hi @abtrooper82 thanks for your reply, we do appreciate this is frustrating.

With these online renewal options, it can take a while for the back-office team to process these.

We have known that in some of the longest case incidents, that it has been up to 14 days to get this processed.

If this still hasn't happened after this time, please let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom_W1, so it looks like my order has gone into a black hole. I'm no longer out of contract but still on my old price. If I click on the option to check for upgrades or the latest deals for me, it takes me to an Opps This page cannot be found, whereas before it was saying my order is being reviewed and I cannot add anything else.

Hi @abtrooper82,

I'm sorry to hear you're now having problems checking this online. Can you try clearing your cache and cookies and then giving it another try?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach, that is the same answer being given to other users, who reported the same issue. There is nothing wrong with cache and cookies. My issue with VM is that people coming out of contract were offered Web deals that do not exist or were incorrectly published, and no one from VM is prepared or available to resolve the issues people are now clearly seeing.

Hello abtrooper82.

Would you like me to take a look at what has happened for you?

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L