Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

not allowed to cancel my contract though a letter? very frustrating experience with customer service!!!

My contract ends soon and I have sent end of contract letter two weeks ago. I have been asking for the last bill date so I know when to stop my direct debit but from a reply I got from here I tried to contact virgin media on the text assistance number +44 7533 051 809. They were utterly useless. They are telling me a customer isn't allowed to cancel contract through an end of contract notice letter and I must call in! since when? I asked "isn't writing a letter notice an option?" and they reply " its not sorry, it has to be given over the phone" ... hmm, isn't that included under the terms and conditions of the contract?! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: not allowed to cancel my contract though a letter? very frustrating experience with customer service!

Absolutely doesn't say that in the contract. I bet if you did it over the phone they'd say you need to send a letter!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: not allowed to cancel my contract though a letter? very frustrating experience with customer service!

0 Kudos