Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

non-contactable

Hi, My contract is due to have a massive price increase in December so I've been trying to arrange to cancel. I can get barely any response on the chat feature on your app and cannot get through on your phone line (which costs me 52p per minute!!) ... Surely surely surely there must be another way to contact you or do I just cancel the direct debit?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: non-contactable

why does it cost you 52p/minute.
0345 are local rate numbers and included in any allowances you have.

if you cancel the DD that will not cancel the contract you will build up a debt and end up with a damaged black mark on your credit file and the debt will be passed to a collection agency

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

It is local rate from a landline - I haven't had/used one of those for many years

Regardless it still doesn't enable me to communicate with them since it only keeps me on hold for too long

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

150 free from a VM phone line.

Best to call just after 8am in the morning

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I don't have a landline phone and, again, that would just mean I am on hold on a different phone

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

its a local rate from mobiles as well.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

sorry - no it isn't ... but still beside the point

I need someone to answer the phone

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It is. 0345 are local rate numbers

but you seem to know everything so i'll leave you to it.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I certainly don't. But I do know what my mobile provider charges for 0345 numbers unfortunately

I am just trying to find a route in which someone from virgin media will speak to me as a customer who is about to leave. They seem like an abandoned ship at the moment and not sure just how I am supposed to cancel my contract

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi brian_murray,

Hopefully this will help. VM have 3 methods for you to cancel.

1) You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

2) You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Your good friend Google provides you with a freephone number  0800 052 0422

3) Or write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali