Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

no welcome pack

Hi,

I have signed up to Virgin Media for a few months now. I did not receive a welcome email I checked my junk folder and cannot see anything in there either. I contacted via telephone for broadband technical issues which were never resolved and few times have been disconnected from my call after waiting over 30mins in a queue. This is the worst customer service I have ever received I have on several occasions asked to speak to a manager and each time the response is a manager isn't available and they will call you back. I never receive a call back which results in none of my issues being resolved. Luckily I managed to resolve my own technical broadband problems but still I have no account information and account details. Recently when I called I was told that I would be sent them in the post and they cannot be emailed, I haven't received anything. I have also received a text which says a payment was missed and for this reason my services will soon be cancelled. Each time I called I mentioned I cannot see any payments on my bank account to which no helpful answer was given so I assumed this could be because of my £50 referral bonus, which now I am not certain was ever credited to my account. I would like to have my account details and payment problems sorted this is a simple task which has now taken over 3 months for virgin media to sort out. Could you please help me and I cannot have my services disabled as I need my broadband for work and this will further affect me if not resolved immediately. I look forward to your response and hope it can be resolved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: no welcome pack

Hi Qasimumar, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you've had with us lately and the issues with accessing your account, I can appreciate you're keen to know what's going on. I can assure you this isn't the level of service we aim to provide and it's disappointing to learn of instances like this. 

All of your account information, so account number and area code should be given to you on any emails or letters we've sent you since joining, these can sometimes hide in your spam or junk folders. 

In regards to payments missing, this isn't something we'd email you about and is most likely going to be a phishing email, you'll be able to check via your online banking if any payments haven't been taken, if they haven't then we can certainly have a look into this. 

The refer a friend credit would be sent directly to your bank account now instead of used as credit towards your bills. Have you had this? 

Let us know how you're getting on and we can help from here. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

I have checked my junk and deleted folder and cannot find anything including the welcome pack. It should've been sent around June, can you email this as I have no account number or area code and this is preventing me creating a profile to view my account information online.

For the payment issue I received a text which read: 

Due to a recent missed payment your services are due to be suspended in the next few days. Then includes a link and a number 0800 064 3777.

When I set up my virgin media account I provided all the details to set up a direct debit but I am not certain if this was actually done.

I did not receive the refer a friend credit neither did my friend. I have checked my account and nothing was sent.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We would be able to re send this for you, I'll pop you a personal message now and grab some details first. 

The missed payment isn't something we'd email you about - this would always be a letter so I'm confident it's a phishing email but again I can check all payments have been made so far. 

With the refer a friend credit, you can find out further help and all FAQ's here .

I'll message you now and we'll take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos