Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

no response to complaint

Virgin media damaged my brand new floor upon installation in June.  The communication throughout has been non existent and at best horrendous.  It took until the end of August for an area manager to come out and assess this damage (Simon Izard).  He gave me his mobile number and email address as point of contact and assured me the issue would be resolved.  It was another month until an external company was sent out to assess the damage; i was told the damage was so significant that a localised repair could not be completed and to return to original condition the floor would need to replaced.  Again no contact from virgin following this assessment.  I called and emailed Simon Izard and did not get a response.  I contact virgin on 02.10.20 - they informed me that the case was now in Simons hands and so could not provide me any further details.  They assured me that Simon would be emailed to make contact with me.  I have had no such contact,  Upon phoning virgin today - I was told that the complaint had now been 'resolved' and read out a letter detailing that Virgin would not do anything about the damage.  

I am absolutely furious.  Virgin media have admitted liability for the damage but their 'resolve' has been to do nothing at all.  I will inform everybody I know of this issue and would never recommend Virgin as a provider to any contacts.  SHAMBOLIC SERVICE 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: no response to complaint

Search, read and follow the VM complaints Code of Practice. I always recommend putting complaints in writing and sending by recorded post. If VM can't sort your complaint out to your complete satisfaction in four weeks, then I suggest you need to initiate legal action.  If you're a member of (eg) Which Legal Services, they'll provide guidance on what to say and do.   Failing that you may want to consult a solicitor, and add the circa £100 cost of the initial consultation to the claim. 

If the forum staff can grab this and get it sorted that will be quicker and easier for both parties, but don't settle for any compromise or inadequate goodwill gesture just because it's easy.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: no response to complaint

Hi helenmf, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you have had issues with the damage to the flooring. Have you since managed to get this resolved? Have you been able to get any update or resolution of Simon, what has been advised by both him and the technical agent who attended. What have you been quoted for the floor? Chris 

0 Kudos