Menu
Highlighted
toxicspectra
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

new offers

so ive been with virgin media for quite a while now my contract is over and my bill is slowly inceasing every 2-3 months when my contract ended i called up asked for a better offer was told i couldnt get one and try again at a later date today i phoned up and was told i still couldnt get anything better and that sometime in the distant future a better offer will be offered via email but i was told this wouldnt happend for quite a few months im guessing after they hike the price of my package up again i told the guy that im going to look elsewhere and all he said was ok go do that so im guessing thats all im left with not happy at all ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: new offers

offers change all the time. maybe there was nothing better at the time. the only way to get the best deals is to be a new customer by moving between ISP at the end of every contract

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

its not like that and a great deal depends who you talk to and when

1 - only talk to a UK agent - offshore make it up as they go on or can do

2 - deals and discounts can change on a daily basis 

so 

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre - if you get offshore hang up and start again

there is another way which carries some risk - give 30 days notice and see if outbound retentions ring - they have deals that other dept's do not have - if they ring take it or leave it - they dont usually ring back and even though the will put notes on your account the offer cannot be picked up and re offered by other agents

the risk is tha its not 100% guaranteed they will ring so the 30 day notice would stand

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
toxicspectra
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ive tried to call using youre recommended method i always seem to get sent to the offshore people i cant seem to get hold of anyone from the uk 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

sunday may not be the best day and its said early in a morning is better but the UK do work sundays or did so its just a matter of keeping trying - they dont make it easy and they will tell you all agents are the same but thats highly debatable

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
toxicspectra
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

lucky i manged to get hold of someone who was understandable and was sorry that his coleage was rude to me hes now transfering me to someone who might be able to help me 🙂

0 Kudos