Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

new offer when cancelling account

Hi, I found this is absolutely absurd!

I have a 12-month contract which ends on 1 July 2020, with a monthly rate of 29.5, and then 51 per month after 1 July 2020.  

According to the guidance, I need to cancel my contract at least 30 days before it expires. So I called on 30 May 2020. Then they offered me a new offer which is 33.5 per month. I thought the new contract should start from when my last contract ends.

Later I found that they sent me a new contract starting from 30 May! which means they will charge me based on this new contract from 30 May? As the new contract is more expensive, I got higher charges between 30 May to 1 July 2020. 

Can I ask them to start my new contract from 2 July 2020?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: new offer when cancelling account

you can ask and they may well agree but there is no guarantee that they will offer the new contract price - prices can change on a daily basis so the offer you have today may not be available 

your call - you are upset over a few pounds - no criticism but what you were offered sounds like a pretty good deal

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Tony. This is not only because of the price. Since my tenant contract ends on 2 July 2021 and I have probably to leave then. My old contract fits that well, but according to the new one, I may have a one-mouth-no-internet period. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

after the initial or new contract you go onto a 30 day rolling contract so you can fill that last month if you need to - it would be at a higher price with the way they have done it unfortunately

the staff here cannot help with account matters so you have no option but to ring - its worth the call - they may agree to what you would want

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

chenyu, when the new contract price ends the price will go up again, but you will then be on a rolling contract and will not lose your connection. Best bet is to leave the discounted contract run out next year and then call VM on 2nd June 2021 to request your 30 day cancellation. That way you will pay a higher price for 1 month but still keep connection until you move out.

If you don't have to leave your property on that date then you can continue with the rolling contract and give your notice in at whatever time is convenient.

You might even extend your tenancy for another year, so you could see if VM have any other discounts to offer for that period.
Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Chenyu

Good I ask who and how you got in touch with at VM please?

I spoke to VM last week about my account and got nowhere with a hard to follow foreign strong accent voice.

I was trying to find out about my contract up to 27 June when I get my BB and phone going up to £53 as they take money in advance they will take higher amount well before that date.  

Can I get a new provider right now so I do not get any penalty charges?   VM Accounts told me to phone on 27 June which to me looks as if I would pay 3 months at £53.

Competition is half this including VM new customers.

"VM 100 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos