Menu
aljohn499
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

new account same old price

my father recently died had been a subscriber since the NTL days,

when i phoned to explain and said i wished to keep the sevices running but transfer the account name and update payment details the person i spoke to was very simpathetic and very helpful (no problems there)

my problem is i was told i would need to set up a new account but would still get the same services has i have.

Now imagine my surprise when i recieve my new contract and head to the website to set up my account to find if i'd have closed his account fully and set a new one in my own name i'd have more tv channels and saved nearly half the bill as i new customer which is technically what i am

Ok then i'd have had the 18month contract and not the monthly rolling that i have but i do feel a little bit let down in the fact i'm basiclly a new customer and was offered non of the new customer deals

Feel like paying the first month then canceling and having my partner subscribe in her name

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: new account same old price

Call 0345 454 1111 options 4-4-1-1 either they will sort an offer or you can cancel .

Best time to call is 8am to avoid queues

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: new account same old price

you are not a new customer if you transfer the account. you are the account holder from that point of the transferred account. Whatever term, services, and price that had.

This is in the name you are transferring the responsibility of the account to you not taking out a new account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos