cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

negotiating new deal problem

Delboy007
Joining in

Well this is the problem i am having right now, i cancelled my contract to get a better deal, but kept my phone on to not risk losing it, however since i am out of contract my price has double and they cant ;literally give me a better offer so it was better to get the deal whilst i was coming to the end of my contract so i don't know what do to do anymore, i haver to stay with virgin because other providers are no where near the speeds virgin offer what shall i do next. i have a week before my connection is turned off

13 REPLIES 13

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Delboy007 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that the team have not been able to offer a suitable available deal for you to re-contract. 

Once your contract period has ended, normally your discounts also expire and you pay the base price of the package without any discounts. This information is available on your contract/ contract summary sheet you can find on your online account if needed. 

The team will do all they can to offer the best existing customer deal available. If you would like to discuss the options available to you, please give us a call on 0345 454 1111 / 150 Option 1.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

i have tried this but still very bad prices, also before i left my contract i checked online and i had  a really good deal, but that was a month ago i still have that contract in my email can i use that option

Sorry to hear you feel this way @Delboy007 

Our deals change frequently and so this deal may no longer be available unfortunately. 

Your online account will show some available deals to you or the team can help support further in discussing packages more suitable to you. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

but it only changed because my contract had expired that is the problem nothing else, but i am still a virgin customer at this moment in time 

Yes, if you had discounts within your contract term, they may have expired at this time causing the monthly price to be higher now. 

If this is the case, the base price of the package will now by charged as advised in both your contract and your billing information. 

We would not be able to support further with any package change requests via the forums. 

You can contact us to discuss further if needed through your online account on the live chat option if available, over the phone on 0345 454 1111 / 150 Option 1 or through WhatsApp on 07305 327 112. Please bear in mind the response will not be instant, but our team will get back to you. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

ok but i accepted the contract but it did not go through before 

My apologies @Delboy007 

You would have needed to let us know if you wanted to accept the deal available on your online account when it was offered. 

The contract summary sheet is not confirmation of the package being processed and is only the contract information so that the customer can see all the details before then letting us know if they would like to proceed. 

My apologies again, if this was not clear for you when you looked at this offer on your online account. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

yes but i wasn't told this i clicked and thought it was confirmation sheet 

My apologies for the misunderstanding. 

The contract summary sheet is not confirmation of the package being processed. The regulator rules require us to send all contract information digitally so customers can see the full contract information before accepting any offered deal. 

For any further support on available deals, you will need to contact us on the methods I have advised above. We are unable to support via the forums with package change requests. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley