cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my Issue with virgin media

JackJFKnight
Joining in

i have a long issue i will try to explain it as best as i can

so the issue is. last month in July i contacted virgin media for a internet extention and the next bill that is in August i would pay double when i got paid. virgin media said to me it was a promise to pay thing. and as soon as i got paid on the 14th of August i contacted virgin media and i paid a Full manual payment for the £124. that was the total of £62 for last month and £62 for this month. the bill cleared from my bank on the 15th of August.

Now, the problem is that on August 22nd, Virgin Media tried to withdraw the same £124 via direct debit, even though I had already paid on August 14th and it cleared on August 15th. Because I had already paid, the direct debit couldn't go through due to insufficient funds, and it was canceled and returned to me.

I contacted Virgin Media right away to explain the situation. They assured me not to worry about the failed direct debit since I had made a manual payment. They said my services wouldn't be disconnected, and everything was fine. However, the next day, I received an email asking me to pay the same £124 again. on the virgin app and When I logged in to the Virgin Media website, it still showed a "Pay Now" option, even though I had already made the manual payment.

i dont want to effect my credit score and give me a late payment on my credit file even though i have already paid this ii have never missed a single payment with virgin media ever  i have been a customer for a long time this issue is causing me allot of stress

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM Direct Debit payments are calculated and requested a long time before they are applied to your bank account and this causes this type of problem. Best wait for a VM staff member to give a full explanation.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JackJKnight,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

Sorry to hear there was a few issues with the billing processes on your account. We'll be more than happy to check everything is ok on our end and that this hasn't caused you any problems.

Look out for a PM from me 😊

Beth

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JackJFKnight,

Thanks for the private message, please keep us posted regarding your credit score update. If you need any further assistance with anything, please pop back here publicly and we'll help as much as we can.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JackJFKnight,

Thanks for the private message. I'm pleased to hear this issue has now been resolved and that I was able to get your credit score amended for you. 

If you need any further assistance with anything, please pop back her and we'll help as much as we can.

Kind regards Jodi. 

JackJFKnight
Joining in

Yes everything has been sorted out and resolved thank you for all your help i really do appreciate it