Menu
Biglad777
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

moving house to a home with BT?

hi 

we have to move in with parents for around a year.  I'd like to transfer existing virgin account and take with me, however new home has BT wifi and phone line.  I'm not in a position to really insist my parents adjust their existing home life...how do you work around this?

thanks, Phil  

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: moving house to a home with BT?

You will need to have a chat with your parents as it is their house. As far as I understand, as long as the address is in an area serviced by VM you could have a separate VM cable account installed alongside the existing BT account.  If you just want the broadband connection this should be simple.  If you are looking to have a different home phone and TV setup to your parents in the same house that could be problematic.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Biglad777
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That’s what I had hoped for, I’d just like VM to confirm no conflict with existing BT wifi. 

Forums are great, thanks Graham 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Biglad777 and welcome to our community.

You would need to discuss whether to cancel the BT line and put through a house move to there with the Virgin Media connection or vice versa. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos