Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

moving back home..

hello! (sorry if this is the wrong place)

Next month I'll be homeless(going back to live with my mum) she already has virgin, I currently have a package and I obviously wanna keep with you guys instead of being a brand new customer due to ill only probably be at my mums for 3/4months till I can save enough money to move out again..

what can I do with my current account? I have talked on the phone this morning regarding this and all they could do and say is talk to my mum about having my package (she already has a package and she's already in a contract I dont want her to be out of pocket just because I'm moving back home for a few months) 

I have looked online regarding a temporary accommodation offer? that only works if you been flooded so thats not an option..

please help me.. the only option I have right now is paying £240 to cancel my whole contract just to get back in contract 4months later?...

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: moving back home..

Here it is straight. You pay for the contract or you cancel. The sum you have to do is whether you will pay more for the contract to run or the early disconnection fee. No other choice exists. 

If you try to move your contract to your mother's home you will force her to cancel. VM's rule is one address one contract. You'd also end up destroying, one way or another, all your mother's e-mail addresses and content. 

I'm sorry for your plight but I've given you straight advice. Best I can do. 

Next time you get internet in your own right look for a 30 day rolling contract option either with VM or another ISP. A little more expensive up front but it does avoid all this hassle if the same thing happens again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi lewwylee,

You may be able to pause your account for around £5 a month. Call Customer Services, or Retentions and ask about the Time Out Package.

The agent will probably have to search the online help/database as not many are aware of this feature.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

did that this morning and he mentioned its only if its a flooded place and well I'm not flooding 

0 Kudos