Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

move and transfer

Hello, I moved out of my original home last month (March 2020) and this week the new tenant moved into my old house(7th April 2020). I tried to transfer my account to a new resident, but I didn't know exactly what to do. So I called or contacted VM's service customer team through the website, but they were very rude, the website let me call, but no one is on the phone, even though I have made tens of thousands of calls, they never answer my phone, do not respond to my request, no matter how many times I called or contact them through the website, I think VM is very impolite. It doesn't solve my problem at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: move and transfer

Hi, are you trying to move your current account to another address or transfer an existing account to a different person? It sounds like the best plan of action might be to set the new tenants up as a new account. PM me to arrange this if you would like. 

If you feel I’ve helped today, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a current VM field technician, all of my answers are based on personal experiences of using my own equipment and installations for others.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

i want to transfer an existing account to a different person. but I still wonder if I can cancel my account? how much do I need to pay to cancel my account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As the account will be linked to yourself and credit checks are performed, I don't believe it is possible to transfer accounts to a different person. They would have to start a new account in their name. PM me if you wish to set this up.

For existing account or billing enquiries, we currently have a text-only service on the number 07533051809. Alternatively, you can try https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/accounts-and-billing and use the live chat feature.
In both instances, there is a big queue but virgin media will contact you as soon as possible.

If you feel I’ve helped today, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a current VM field technician, all of my answers are based on personal experiences of using my own equipment and installations for others.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos