Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

lost account details

Hello I have lost my account details. All I have is my account number and my email address but no password. I don't have any Virgin bills to refer to for some reason I have no paper copies and no emails.

Please help as I need to log into My Virgin

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: lost account details

The easiest way to get a hold of someone is to message our first-line support on our live online chat. They are the best chance of getting someone to fix this issue.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

message service couldn't help

and online chat support hasn't replied.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear that the message service couldn't help. There is a clear way through this for you which involves no intervention from VM. You can do it all yourself. But you will need a key piece of information which you must already have. It is the date of your last payment to VM and the amount. Look on your bank statements. 

Then follow this guidance:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-reset-username-and-password

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks have tried this and doesn't work as I need my username

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And your username is your e-mail address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

unfortunately doesn't recognise it. only have one email.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wouldn't it have been nice if you had set all this out in your original post, rather me having to drag it out of you little by little? I am a VM user just like you and not VM staff. Remember we can't see what you see and we don't know what you don't tell us about.

Have you ever been able to log into My Virginmedia while you have been a VM customer. I presume you are a VM customer? Did you actually set up and account when you became a customer? Did you change your username in the past from a VM e-mail address to a third party address? We need to understand what exactly is behind the problem here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It wasn't dragged out of me. I didn't have the information to know, for instance that my username was my email.Otherwise I would have said. please reread the thread.  The puzzle developed as I gained further advice. Yes I am a VM customer, I thought that would be assumed.

I don't however recall ever having signed into my VM account. 

Thank you for responding but may I suggest you think about, as someone involved in community support, how your tone may come across as condescending and patronising to people who do not have the experience, language or themes around the solution that you might have.

Rather than alienating community members have you tried attempting to empower them through empathy rather than judging their inexperience with disdain? Truly the antithesis of community support there.

best wishes

0 Kudos