Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

live chat/ message

How can I raise a follow up I had on live chat on Wednesday about about changing phone numbers.

I was told to make contact with Bt about porting a number but BT tell me I dont need to.

I dont want this messed up and need to raise a follow question on live chat.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: live chat/ message

Hi Imkings, 

thanks for using the forums to get this looked into, I am sorry if you're having some issues getting help with a landline port. 

I would just like to ask a few questions in order to understand the issue a bit more. 

I know you mentioned you've already spoke to someone on the text chat service, what happened during this conversation? What did they say about the issue? 

Are you a new customer that has only just been installed? If so, how long ago did you switch from BT?

Once I understand the issue a bit more, we can hopefully work together to resolve it 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

spoke on Wed to Ajay about Vn taking over an existing BT line I have.

Beem with virgin abot 10 years but always kept Bt line as well as VM line , now I want Vm to take over BT line and replace Vm line number with BT number.

I wish to keep my BT number but now include it in my bundle.

During live chat I was told it was no problem and Ajay went off raise to instruction to have this done , he said it would take up to 14 working days for it to happen in the meantime I should contact BT and tell what is happening . I contacted BT on Friday and was told I did not want to continue the number with them and that VM would be taking it over and they said I had no need to tell and that VMM would do it all. This is the opposite of what I was told by VN on Wed.

Can you look at the live chat with Ajay?

is this going to be a problem, as some I've spoken to among friends think it might.

Should it be a problem I WILL NOT want to continue with the line change as I do not want to lose the existing BT line Number under any circumstances.

If it proves a problem I would rather switch my broadband to BT and review the tv setup and costs.

Thanks for getting back to me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry to hear of the confusion Imkings, when moving from an Openreach provider such as BT to ourselves you do need to let them know as it would not automatically be cancelled however, when we put through a landline port request, once the number is ported BT should cancel down the account.

We always advise contacting them anyway just in case the automated system on their side doesn't cancel down the account after the number is ported to ourselves. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emily.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

with regard to above msg and answer.

Nothing has yet happened regarding the line switch over.

I raised a message this morning in compliants REF C-121120318 , I did not realise a 48 wait would occur . I do not wish to wait this long for an acknowledge .

Can some one please get get back to me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi imkings,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear that you haven't heard anything about bringing your BT number over to us since your  web chat with us.

I have tried to locate you account to have a look however I have been unable using the information we have for you.

So I can help I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Since sending the message I have managed to get speaking to Natalie, I think in customer services , who seems to know what my problem is about . While she cannot explain what's gone wrong she is looking into it and is to get back to me today or tomorrow . hopefully she will as she was very understanding and helpful and appeared to have a good grasp of the situation.

For your info my account is  [MOD EDIT: REMOVED] area 26, cannot understand why you could not find it.

Should it be necessary I will message you if needed.

Thanks

Post Edit - Private Information

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos