Menu
DLM78
Settling in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

live chat down ?

Live chat is non functional via the following link...can anyone explain ?

https://store.virginmedia.com/existing-customer/my-offers/offers#1221.JPG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: live chat down ?

I believe the live chat is offered as an "infill" activity by offshore call centre agents from India when they aren't handling voice calls.  As you may have seen on the news, things aren't good out there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DLM78
Settling in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

0 Kudos
DLM78
Settling in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

However:

That does not reflect whats written via the link...:

"Chatting to a member of our team is usually quicker than calling, and you may be offered a better deal..."

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you're out of (or coming to the end of) a fixed term contract, rather than dealing with the sales advisors for package changes, you might want to phone up, selecting options for "about my account", and "thinking of leaving", and see if you can get a UK retentions agent, explain that you love the service, but feel it's not such great value, and you've been looking at Sky (check out what they're offering, the agents always ask), can VM do you a deal - you'd be wiling to change your package because it's a value thing rather than price...see how that goes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DLM78
Settling in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes thats exactly it ! I am aware about the retentions approach, but didnt want the hassle today, so i just got a new package via an advisor around an hour ago over the phone, but the package has not changed on my account yet...i've had this before where I agreed a change and it just didnt happen...also had No email confirmation of package changes...I know this can be done very quickly ...really get fed up with dealing with all this every year to be honest.

Appreciate your advise I will be going through to retentions if required...

Thankyou 🙂

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, DLM78,

Have you still not received any email confirmation? If not then try having a look at your online account virg.in/myVM under the 'Contracts' section to see if anything has been updated there 

Depending on what was discussed on your phone conversation it may be an offer that takes immediate effect or one that has a scheduled date. The email or online contract information should be able to confirm this for you.

Let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos