Menu
raypelan
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

leaving obstructed by virgin

After being kept waiting hours on the phone i eventually advised the company i was leaving giving 30 days notice , with a disconnection date 30 Jan -my last bill for the month of January was paid on the 12th Jan by direct debit and i was advised no future bills -this was followed by a bill dated 27th Jan for February which will not be paid as i have cancelled the direct debit , and i intend to contact friends at a national newspaper as to the conduct of this company attempting to extract money during a pandemic .I was contacted by a sales rep who claimed the bill was bogus and an attempt to slow down proceedings while he was given the job of trying to retain customers . Two complaints to Sunderland have been met with undated replies giving the company 28 days to reply which of course they have not -perhaps someone can explain , without giving a phone number that nobody every answers , why the sales team pick up after 3 minutes but nobody else and why this company put every possible obstacle in the way to prevent losing money-i will see VM in court before i pay them a penny more.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: leaving obstructed by virgin

Is there an order processing in your my virgin media account?

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

https://my.virginmedia.com/trackorder/view-orders

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hmmmmmm - bills at the contract end tend to be complicated - any over payment is refunded - but cancelling the DD is a road to problems - VM's systems are poor with such things and if a bill is generated and not paid they will pas it out for debt collection and mark your credit file - all never easy to resolve

your call and choice on what you do with that info

Tony
raypelan
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Utter nonsense , there is nothing complicated about final bills , ive audited companies as large and much larger than VM for decades -the company knew on the 30th December there was no final bill due but still generated one on the 27th January with the lame excuse that it preceeded my disconnection date -if i had not cancelled the direct debit it would have taken for a month not due and then made me wait for 45 days for a refund -their system is set up to overbill by purpose ie whole months rather than partial and then the customer has to wait -i was even told by one of their employees that the bill was bogus and designed to slow down disconnection so he could chase up ! the idea of my credit rating being effected is laughable , maybe you should mind your own business if your advice is worse than useless.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you don't like it take it to government, they're the ones allowing companies to operate in this way.

Same issues occur with all companies as they bill the month ahead, Virgin billing system is probably one of the worst I'll agree but they all have similar operating parameters.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I am sorry you wish to leave us, 

Calling us would be quickest on 150 // 0345 454 1111 or you can text us on 07533051809 and we can assist further. Text replies are not instant and are automated at the start to get you through to the right team. 

Alternatively, you can write to us at this address; Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
raypelan
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the patronising reply , fortunately i have a life, from the number of postings you do not -i dont need to take anything to the government ive just left VM and no not every company bills for charges in advance they know are not due ,or needs a forum for sycophants to defend it .  

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

While I have  a lot of spare time on my hands currently, I'm more than happy to spend time helping those who need it, unfortunately some people cannot be helped and some also don't deserve the help...

I'm happy to be making a positive contribution to the community, unfortunately some people are selfish and arrogant, as for you comments on 'the community' I will refer you to the following link https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile%3Aclose-account

Toodle-pip!