Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

leaving contract/ support password

Hey. I want to leave my contract with virgin after a minimum contract duration of 12 months so they call customer service and ask me to support a password they never gave me. Is there an option to terminate the contract in any other way because my language is not good enough and I find it hard to talk on the phone either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: leaving contract/ support password

problem is their chat helpline is useless

there text service doesnt work

keep asking the same questions and you type yes to continue they get back to you and ask the same damm questions

and finally 0345 454 1111 just puts you on hold for hours

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi simonyan1309,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry for any confusion when trying to pass security on your account, this would be a memorable word you would have set up upon joining.

If you're unsure what this is, and you're the account holder, we can ask you additional security questions.

Please try us again on 150/ 0345 454 1111 or you can text us on +44753 305 1809.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

do you have maybe other way to leave a contract? because i am not confident when i am talking by phone

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You can text us on the above number if you're not comfortable calling 🙂

You can also choose to write a letter to the address on our contact us page here

I would advise calling or texting being the better option however.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I texted you, but I haven't got an answer yet. How much do I expect to hear from you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi simonyan1309,

The text replies aren't always immediate, but you should have a response within 24 hours.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So far, I have not been able to do anything, a few times have to send me the password to the e-mail and nothing. in addition, now when I call I say that I should use the website to terminate the contract, and the website shows to call. Because of your excellent service, I will probably have to pay for the next month

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi simonyan1309,

I hope this helps.

You write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

If you need a password reminder it is sent by post, not by email. The password is the memorable word you set up when you first joined Virgin Media.

The other ways to cancel are by sending  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Or you  can also call  again 150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

If you enter the wrong password or don't input anything then the call should be picked up by an agent who can ask other questions to verify that you are the account holder.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos