Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

intended notice

hi there can anyone tell me if you can give notice online or do you have to ring upmany thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: intended notice

You can try web chat or ring in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

<edit> See post above

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Caz615409, 

If you want to cancel and give 30 days notice you will need to call the retentions team on 0345 454 1111, choose option 1, 4 then 4 again for media cancellations. The best time to call would be 8:00am as this is our quietest time. Or alternatively, like Kippies said you can send a letter via post which will reach us and get registered on the system within 3 - 5 days - this needs to have the account holder's signature on as well. 

Hope this helps and it's sad to see you leave us!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan,

Unfortunately it is not as easy as it sounds for several reasons.

- VM has set up the call-in system in such a way, requesters for termination, reduction of service, or complaints will have to wait above 20 minites before they are picked up. This is regardless of the time you call. At peak times it can take significantly longer.VM has not deployed enough support staff to these divisions.

-If the customer had patience to wait, then there will be several transfers of the call before someone who can help you is answered.

- and the support staff are instructed to categorically deny any such requests unless they are exactly 30 days or a calander month- plus one day before the starting of next contract period.

- if a customer sends a letter by post, it has to be rceived (and date stamped) at VM according to the above critaria. If the letter was not sent by recorded delivery, chances are that it will never be acknowledged.

These are all systematic and by the design of the proccess. The ease of signing in to a VM contract proves this fact. Unfortunately, this practice is not limited to VM 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Total crap! when i cancelled I got through in 30 seconds, and was done in just under 10 minutes. And that was last month

Edit I was disconnected the same day too at my request - and then I paid the dues for 30 days - they gave me that option but i declined it 

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@ HappyWithMy350

It must have been your lucky day. I was not so fortunate at any time during my many number of calls to VM for past few years.

Wonder why you still frequent VM forums after leaving it last month 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@Shaun-Reading wrote:

Hi Megan,

Unfortunately it is not as easy as it sounds for several reasons.

- VM has set up the call-in system in such a way, requesters for termination, reduction of service, or complaints will have to wait above 20 minites before they are picked up. This is regardless of the time you call. At peak times it can take significantly longer.VM has not deployed enough support staff to these divisions.

-If the customer had patience to wait, then there will be several transfers of the call before someone who can help you is answered.

- and the support staff are instructed to categorically deny any such requests unless they are exactly 30 days or a calander month- plus one day before the starting of next contract period.

- if a customer sends a letter by post, it has to be rceived (and date stamped) at VM according to the above critaria. If the letter was not sent by recorded delivery, chances are that it will never be acknowledged.

These are all systematic and by the design of the proccess. The ease of signing in to a VM contract proves this fact. Unfortunately, this practice is not limited to VM 😞

As pointed out by another punter in the next post, thats nonsense.

Dont get me wrong, the wait times ATM are woefull, most of the time.

Retentions only work UK office hours. Outwith that, yes you will land with offshore and have a frustrating experience.

Standard advice is exactly what its been for all the years Ive been on here- call during UK office hours and go through to retentions.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@ Kippies

OK, I will give it another go as your suggestion. In your experiance, I should be able to get my current contract terminated on 2nd Jan, by phoning in VM on Monday 17th Nov and giving notice of leaving. Will the Customer support staff we reach through 150 be able to do the needful.

However, I have the recording of my previous call in which the VM representative clearly states that I have to inform them exactly  on 1st Dec in order to get the termination done on 2nd Jan. or incur a penalty by requesting the disconnection earlier. Will record the next call too.

Anyone can notice how many ways / links are provided in the VM website to- enter a contract, to upgrade or to add any service, but there are no method is provided to terminate or downgrade. Technically this is not something difficult to provide.

I thought to take this forward, because I felt this is institutional. I will be happy if it is not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

'will have to wait above 20 minutes before they are picked up..'

i agree that many call centres have such waiting times. as for virgin, i have got through in a minute and at other times waited beyond 20 minutes. it is pot luck on the day/time and things such as a price increase announced which will increase waiting times.

having run a call centre my brief was that agents had to be busy all the time. so if that meant letting temps go, that is what happened. the 'twiddling' of fingers waiting for calls was not seen as a good thing. targets still had to be met though.

0 Kudos