cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

identity fraud

Arjumand
Tuning in

Hi,

Is there anyway I can contact fraud team directly to speed up the process?

Today on 20/04/2023 there are 2 direct debit setup on my account one is virgin mobile £25 and other is virgin media £52. 

I called virgin and they did not help then i started chat that was not helpful then i called them again it was little helpful they told that i have a loan agreement of a ph on my name and a sim as well. 

I explained which ph which sim as i never ordered anything and i never recieved anything in post. i requested for more details of address etc but they said that they do not have access to any of this info. 

upon checking my virgin account i cannot find any loan agreement or contract on my account at all. 

i never recived any post or email from virgin about applying for loan or setting up direct debit which ofcourse i never applied for.

they have said that they have filled a fraud form for me and fraud team will contact me after 5 days.

this is identity theft and money has taken out of my account and 2 direct debit have been set, this should be on priority. 

I am not happy and comfortable with virgin media security that someone applied loan on my name and they did not notify me about anything and just setup direct debit. I am so upset and stressed and cannot afford 5 days with this state of mind spending waiting for the fraud team to contact me.

Can you pls help me?

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Arjumand 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry for any confusion or worry caused by this issue. Can I just confirm are you a customer with us? If so what package do you have with us? 

Have you recently agreed to a Volt bundle at all?

Yes i am virgin media customer for last many years.

I recently did not agree to volt or anything at all. i have the same package for last many months.

thanks 

please help me solving this  criminal activity on my account

I'll be happy to check the notes on this for you @Arjumand but just to let you know if the account has already been flagged to the Fraud teams there will not be much else I can suggest. 

I will pop you a Private Message now so we can take a look, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

RMitton
Joining in

Good afternoon,

I also have had 2 direct debits start this month. one at £5 and one at £51. I am not a virgin media customer, not sure how this has happened as i don't have an account, only this that i created to post here. I have cancelled the direct debits and notified my bank. can i get a response please as to the next steps for securing my details and having this £56 refunded please?

Kind regards

Rob

Hi @RMitton thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Of course - we'd need to get this flagged to the Fraud Team for further investigation.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,

This exact thing has also happened to me - someone has set up fraudulent direct debits to virgin media/ virgin mobile and over £100 has been taken from my account in the last few days. I don’t have any accounts with virgin and  would like this money to be refunded as soon as possible. Thank you, Hannah

Hi @hsoares,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that there's a disputed account set up with us. I'll certainly do all that I can to help you address this. Please respond to the private message that I'll be sending to you shortly and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!