Menu
teev09
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

i want to leave

My bill has increased so I've been sent an email saying I cancel with no fees if I do so by 11th Feb.  When looking online at how to cancel, all routes lead back to the 'call us on 0345 454 111' page.  I have tried, several times but after 30-55 minutes of being on hold I get cut off.  On one occasion I had a message saying they couldn't take my call and cut me off straight away.  I've tried the Bot but that was useless as well. It would seem I'm being held hostage: if I can't get through, i can't cancel as there is no other way.   I appreciate we are in a pandemic, but other companies seem to be coping with this.  If you are unable to accept phone calls, you should offer alternative methods of contact.  Please advise soonest, otherwise I feel I have no option other than to raise a complaint with Ofcom

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: i want to leave

VM will be trembling in their shoes at the prospect of you complaining to Ofcom - who do not deal with individual complaints. Empty threat.

But if you had bothered to search for similar threads you would have found this one and alternative means of cancellation:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/CANCELLING-MY-CONTRACT/m-p/4594188#...

But the truth is that while it is difficult to get through it isn't impossible. Lines open ay 8am weekdays. Try then.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks