cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i can't get through to anyone to cancel my contract

Anaferreira6
Tuning in

I need urgently to cancel my contract but no one answers the phone. Can i just cancel the direct debit?

53 REPLIES 53

Thanks but you shouldn’t have to do this. 

Hi Emma,

I tried calling at 8am this morning (and every morning for the last 5 days) and the same thing happened-someone ‘transferred’ me to the cancellation team and I was cut off. Can you look into this for me?

thanks

It's funny because the exact same thing keeps happening to me as well. 

I'm sure I'll get the same response of just calling the number and being patient. I feel like all of us are being patient, but with the high volume of calls how can there be nothing done about it? And further to that, I don't think any of us have a problem with waiting to speak to someone. The problem comes from the fact that it seems as though every time we try, we get cut off when it gets to the important part of actually initiating any sort of cancellation which is just a little bit strange.

Especially when you've got multiple people reporting the same issue. 

Same story here with the phone calls. I've written a letter which I want to post, so would be very grateful if someone from virgin could confirm exactly which address the letter should be sent to? There's a similar thread to this where VM staff have posted three links to an address, none of which work of course. I realise it'll probably be against policy to provide someone with an actual viable way of cancelling their contract but still I'm asking, in case all the direct texts/ messages/ tweets I've sent requesting the same continue to be ignored... 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi TrueOgre,

You can write to VM  as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

The link detailing how to cancel (including the address) is below.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

Should you wish to make an official complaint the details are here  /contactus/make-a-complaint 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thought I had a breakthrough, actually exchanging texts with two real people, but they had to go away for an hour, three hours later they haven't come back.  So I have started again, contract definitely being cancelled now before this it was just changing the bundle.

Please bear with the messaging team Ruby11,

Responses aren't always immediate but confident they can help.

Alex_Rm

I, too, am having all the same issues discussed throughout this thread. I am very much at the end of my tether.
Please let me cancel! My next payment is due on 14/2/21. I will pay this final bill and cancel my direct debit on that same day.
As of 14/2/21 I will have paid for all the service I have used. After that I will not be using the service and I will not be paying for it.

This is my final attempt and getting through to 'you' and solving this in the preferred way.

If I don't hear from you, I will cancel my direct debit and I will rip the cable out of the wall and chuck the router in the bin.

Please reply before 14/2/21.

Please, just let me leave! PLEASE

Dear Beth,

Please help. I do not have a functioning phone line since the beginning of September 2020. I have tried to contact Virgin on numerous occasions to change from a traditional copper line to a digital one with no success. At one time I have waited 1 hour 38 mins and 43 mins on the phone, the representative put me on hold then  I was cut off. Other times my call was cut off before I could get through to an advisor almost as if the call centre is unable to cope with the number of calls going in.

My father is elderly and rely heavily on a landline as he only use his mobile for emergency. At the end of November, I have decided to switch supplier. One of your representative contacted me and I told her how disappointed I am and decided to switch. However, my landline was never cancelled, I have since raised a complaint under my account, followed by 2 letters and now 3 months on I am still being charged for a line that no longer function. I have receive acknowledgement letters for my complaint which are not dated. The replies of my complaint were sent through email and stated that I need to contact customer service which I have clearly stated in my 2 letters that I cannot get through. It is extremely frustrating, could you please help me? If all fail, I will have to take this up with a third party.

Complaint ref: C-1101213987