cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long to successfully install broadband? The service is abysmal and lies are prominent as well as a sc

Woocoop
Joining in

I have been waiting 10 weeks to have broadband installed in a house 4 doors away from where I previously had Virgin Broadband

The service has been shocking:

I have lost count of the number of calls to various numbers

All the numbers provided end up at customer Services who can't do anything and try to transfer you and you end up in a loop back to where you started (or more frequently) just being cut off which cant be good for a communications business

Pre installation cant help - but there are apparently at least three pre installation departments:

1 movers

2 pre installation

3 movers / pre installation

We have been promised call back on numerous (I estimate 10) occasions - only one of these happened

We had surveyors out - they said (paraphrase) "you need a cable pulling" (c 20m) "we can do that but it is not on our job today"

We have been promised that operatives have emailed the area team to call us - they didn't 

My wife is on the brink of a nervous breakdown as a result of this gross incompetence

19 REPLIES 19

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Woocoop, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community.

I'm really sorry to hear that we've had to put the installation on hold for now due to further works being needed to be completed. 

Whilst this isn't ideal, it does happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network. Sometimes this can take around 10 weeks to complete depending on the issue at hand. 

Whilst we're not able to expedite things, I'm happy to take a look at things for you to have the latest update. I can also get a complaint raised to ensure the relevant teams are aware. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Woocoop
Joining in

I am so sorry to hear of your problems, you have my utmost sympathy

We have been having similar issues simply trying to get broadband installed but ours have only been over the lat 10 weeks

My wife (who is the account holder) is now not prepared to speak with Virgin on any of their alleged numbers or contact methods to protect her metal health

Amazingly Virgin didn't seem to care when I told them one of their agents provided me with a contact number (allegedly for a specific Virgin department) which was actually a scam number!

If I were you, I would find a new provider at the soonest possible opportunity - everybody in the business seems to enjoy sending you round in circles and passing the buck

And then asking you to score them on their performance!

Hi Woocoop 👋 welcome to community! Thank you for joining the thread. 
So sorry to hear of your experience with us regarding delayed installation, and concerns regarding customer care support. Just so we can ensure the information you have given regarding a number provided has been recorded and escalated I will send you a PM 📩 to confirm a few details and get this raised internally if needed. 

Sadly we are a little limited with what support we can provide for installation delays as we have a specific team that manages these cases (the pre-installation team) and installation delays can be complex -particularly if they involve council permissions or external cabling works.However, I can also ensure there is a complaint raised on your account regarding your experience if needed too! 

You can find my PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime! All the best. 🌞

Molly

Molly

I have been pedalled all of those lies and excuses for 10 weeks

I know more about your internal operations than your operatives

All I need is a cable puller - I have offered to do it myself

Hi Woocoop, thank you for getting back to me. 

I can appreciate your frustration given the experience and would like to offer some help - although as previously advised we are a little limited with what we can do for pre-install cases. 
If you would like to reply via PM with the information requested we can do our best to offer further support. 
Thank you 🌞

Molly

I have replied via PM

Nobody at Virgin is able to help with this issue so I just get ignored or cut off

Woocoop
Joining in

Please any body reading this do NOT sign up with Virgin

Their lies, incompetence, lack of caring and abominable systems mean if anything goes wrong you are screwed

It is now 10 weeks since we requested our BroadBand account to be moved 4 doors up the road and all we have had is failed installations excuses and lies

My wife is now on the brink of a nervous breakdown and refuses t speak with Virgin which makes things even more difficult because she is the account holder

Please - ~STAY AWAY

Hi @Woocoop thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear of the delay in your installation, the poor customer experience you've described and for any negative impact this may be having on your household.  I can see that you're currently liaising with my colleagues.  I am therefore going to leave you in their very capable hands. I hope this gets resolved for you as swiftly as possible.

Regards

Lee_R

actually, you should be able to see that I am NOT liaising with your colleagues!

nobody is doing anything! 

apart from passing the buck !