Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

how do i give notice to leave Virgin media during cornovirus

I am trying to cancel my rolling contract and leave virgin media (broadband, tv and phone) but due to corona virus am unable to contact any member of the customer service team 

the help pages do not actually take you to a leave virgin media option 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do i give notice to leave Virgin media during cornovirus

Hello

With regards to cancelations I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks Mike so far i have spent over 2 hours going round and around the 'thinking of leaving' page as it does not actually give you an option to actually start the process of leaving !!! the moving team that manages cancellations is closed - i have been on hold for over 40 minutes so far - to say i am unimpressed is an understatement 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wait times should be back to normal.  4 months is long enough to transfer to working at home. If staff are not available as on furlough, I believe this should only be used when there is no work. By admitting to long wait times, it is an admission there is work!

0 Kudos