forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
ianfromnotts
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

how do I cancel when VM are too busy to answer the phone

silly prices and even worse service, cant even cancel now becuse VM say they are too busy to answer the phone and try later, 12 tries and one hour later still the same, unbelievable

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do I cancel when VM are too busy to answer the phone

Hi ianfromnotts

Thanks for posting. I am sorry you wish to cancel and also for the hold times. 

Calling us would be quicker on 150 // 0345 454 1111 or you can write to us here - Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Yiddo24
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS

I’ve tried to call on numerous occasions without joy so took to writing to address you supplied, I sent it recorded next day delivery before my 30 days from receiving the email about the price increase. 
The letter arrived and was signed for but I’ve heard nothing back (I did state in the letter I wanted them to acknowledge receipt), so what now?

Do I cancel my DD when my contract is up?

Nothing is happening?

I have proof they have received this letter to terminate my contract and I’m within my rights to do so charge free.

Could you please reply accordingly 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM's handling of cancellations is very poor.  I have formally suggested that they might actually do proper and prompt confirmation of cancellations, I hold out little hope that the company will see sense.  If senior management had ANY sense, they'd have introduced full join/leave/upgrade/downgrade capabilities via online self service nine months ago, but evidently senior management either aren't clever enough to come up with that radical idea, or aren't competent to implement it.

But coming back to @Yiddo24 's question, don't cancel the DD.  Although your cancellation notice is valid starting the day the letter was received, there may be residual charges to be sorted out, or VM may screw up the cancellation in a range of novel ways.  In either case (including them screwing it up), if a DD payment is bounced, it will be registered as a default of a credit agreement, and spoil your credit history, and be visible to all and sundry for the next six years.  Sorting out a wrongful credit history mark is as difficult as any other attempt at dealing with VM, and often still leaves a "stain" because it may be a notice of correction rather than actual erasure of the record.  So, leave the DD in place, if they screw it up initiate a complaint against the company, and if need be escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS.  If it comes to that, it's a slow and tedious process, but better than being refused a loan, mortgage or mobile phone in a few years time.  And don't forget to get return receipts for any VM kit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Yiddo24
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andruser

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.

Cheers

0 Kudos
ianfromnotts
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I took out my first contract with NTL World, 20 years ago and have tried all options over the years TV/Phone/Broadband and to be honest service has always been dire but these days its gone from bad, to worse, to totally unacceptable. 

I did manage to cancel last night but it took 3.5 hours to do so !!! that is not a typo - it tooks over 210 minutes.

The first hour was taken trying to get past the "too busy to take your call" message
The next 40 Minutes was waiting for an operator
Then about 20 Minutes of being offered service upgrades when I had said I couldnt afford the pending price increases £47/month for (110mbs BB only)
Then I was transfered to cancellations - "it will only be a short wait" another 20+ minutes elaspes
More questioning on what I want to do, more offers of upgrades and discounts (£2/month !!!)

give me strengh !! i was drained and pretty much past caring at the end.

I have just moved a friend to Smarty Sim broadband, I tested it at my house and got 70-90 down and 20+ up.  It costs between £15-20 a month includes unlimited data, unlimited calls (attach a landline phone to to the router) and unlimited texts.  Its a rolling 30 day contract and all you have to do to cancel is to click a web page button to switch auto renew off.!!

ianfromnotts
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just taken a call from someone at VM, much more customer focussed and had some sensible things to say and offer, convinced me to stay then threw a sim card offer into the mix as an added good will gesture.  I felt valued at last.