Menu
akash143shah
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

home move renewed contract

Hi, hope this pandemic is treating everyone much better than I was treated by the customer rep!

I am 6 months in on an 18 months broadband contract. I am moving house & enabled this via the appropriate mode to inform VM to move the connection from old address to new address.

The customer rep on chat mentioned I will have the same contract which has only 12 months remaining now. In the confirmation email that I have received, it mentions a new contract starting from the move-in date + 18 months as a new contract. This just seemed a bit absurd since I am keeping the same service without any change in plan.

The cost is the same but I am not ready for an 18-month contract, I was happy with the remainder of 12 months.

How can I get this rectified or who can I get in touch with to understand more about this? @ModTeam

Based on other posts I understand that unless I change any of my existing plans my contract date should not change.

Appreciate any guidance the community can share.

Cheers!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: home move renewed contract

Your understanding is correct, as per the T&Cs, which state: 

5. Where we have agreed with you to continue providing the same services that you received at your current address to your new address and this is during any minimum period, then that minimum period will continue at your new address (for example, where your services are on a 12 month minimum period, if you move during month 7 of your minimum period, the remaining 5 months of your minimum period will apply for those same services being provided at your new address). Where we have agreed with you to change the services you receive at your new address then a new minimum period may apply for those services and the service start date for that new minimum period will be the date that the equipment is installed at your new address.

I've flagged your post for the forum staff to pick and respond, they're usually excellent at getting errors like this corrected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: home move renewed contract

Hi akash143shah, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you have been receiving mixed information surrounding your house move and what this means for your contract. 

If you are taking your package as is and not making amendments we will not start a new contract.  I would like to take a look at the account to confirm what contract has been applied and make amendments if required so I am going to pop you over a private message now to grab a dew more details. 

The message will be available via the purple envelope at the top right of this page. 

Speak soon,

Nat
0 Kudos