cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hike in price

PeterPres
Joining in

I too have left; in my case after around 25 years of being a loyal customer: reasons: hike in price; rubbish on TV channels; no apparent interest in rewarding loyalty (on contrary, penalising it!); poor customer service. Now they're denying I cancelled when I did and are trying to charge me an extra month's sub! Good luck with that, I cancelled my DD as soon as my new provider installed service. 

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You should keep a close eye on your credit report/history to make sure that cancelled DD does not come back to bite you later on if VM thinks you still owe money.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of it, if VM is expecting a DD to be paid, and it is not, VM will initiate its debt recovery processes to reclaim the money it thinks it is owed. For the customer this might ultimately result in late payment fees, a damaged credit report and a referral to debt collectors.

There have been many past topics where a cancelled DD to stop further payments, when leaving VM, has caused the customer long term problems. Often the customer is unaware of any problem until many months/years down the line.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I totally concur with @goslow here - of all the aspects of VM's service that has shortcomings, their credit & billing operation is notoriously efficient and you should only cancel your DD if you've fully researched the potential consequences and are willing to accept them. Do a search on this forum for "credit file", "default" and a few other related terms, for a flavour of what can happen.

There is certainly some recent evidence of problems cancelling accounts by phone, but a recorded delivery letter to VM with proof of delivery retained, and a copy of the final bill in your hands (or a PDF copy of) - should suffice to deal with any issues that result.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I did get charged for what appeared to be nearly and extra months rental which they refunded back to me one I returned the Virgina box and router

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@urbanbumpkin wrote:

I did get charged for what appeared to be nearly and extra months rental which they refunded back to me one I returned the Virgina box and router

All very interesting, but I'm at a loss what this has to do with the OP's query?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PeterPres, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're really sorry to hear you've left us but we just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to expand on that in the Community. We always take on board the reviews we receive so we can collect the information and use it to learn more about the areas we need to improve. We will certainly pass this information along to the relevant teams. 

In terms of the billing issue, this is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs