Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

help can not speak to retention

I have been trying to get through to the retention team and it seems like an impossible task. I end up speaking to customer services who can't put me through and the number they gave me don't work.

how hard is it to speak to someone. its very frustrating.

apart from the 150 or the 0345 number is there any other number that takes me directly to the retention team. I have been trying now for a week

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: help can not speak to retention

there used to be an 0800 number but i think thats long gone

you should get them by the following

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I tried and I am still on hold for the last 25 minutes customer services at it worse 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi there 19681, 

Welcome to the Forums and for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues chatting with our Customer Relations team at the moment. 

The team are experiencing a higher than normal call queues at the moment and it may take longer that we would usually like to get through to an agent - we do apologise. 

May I ask what you are wanting to chat with them about? We may either be able to assist you directly here or point you in another direction to best assist you. 

Pop back when you can 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have also been trying to contact the retentions team. Twice yesterday but unfortunately my time ran out after 20 mins. Today after 15 minutes I got through to CS who then told me there was a 45 minute queue for retentions. I have just got through to CS again now after 25 minutes only to be told I need to speak to retentions BUT there is a long wait! Waited another 15 minutes but still no answer, please help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tripleh, 

Really sorry about the wait times to speak to our retention's team lately, I can appreciate your frustration as they have been very busy. 

Can I ask what it is you're looking to discuss?

Is it something you can speak to our team team about on 07533051809? Or via our web chat here

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

I will try the mobile number this afternoon thank you. Its just that my contract ends in 30 days but I feel I am paying too much and if there's a deal then I may be able to add a mobile phone deal to the package. thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

@tripleh wrote:

Hi Emma

I will try the mobile number this afternoon thank you. Its just that my contract ends in 30 days but I feel I am paying too much and if there's a deal then I may be able to add a mobile phone deal to the package. thanks

There are no deals for existing customers, that is what I was told after holding on for retentions for something like 40 minutes a few weeks ago. I was also told that it I made any changes then my monthly price would increase beyond what I am paying right now which went up back around May as the deal I was on finished.

I mentioned the deals for new joiners but was told that's only for new joiners and not existing customers. Told the lady I was talking to to cancel but she just kept on talking about how great Virgin were and in the end decided to credit my account with £30 which I accepted as by then I'd been on the phone for around an hour.

I found the entire experience quite shocking all in all, new customers are all the Virgin seem to care about. I also asked to cancel and said I would take up a new offer in my wifes name but was told I wouldn't be allowed to do this either as Virgin had changed their T&Cs where this is no longer allowed.

In HA7. Billing Area 21.
Utilisation Fault
F003502423: Review Dates -> 07/10/2015 -> 02/12/2015 -> 20/01/2016 😞 -> Closed 🙂
Utilisation Fault F004873444: Review Dates -> 29/03/2017 😞 -> Closed 🙂
Utilisation Fault F005506920: Review Dates -> 09/08/2017 -> 08/06/2018 -> 13/06/2018 -> 11/07/2018 -> 12/09/2018 -> 29/05/2019 😞 -> Open 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi tripleh,

Thank you for coming back to us, customer relations will be able to have a look at your usage and get the best deal suited to you.

Let us know how it goes.

Many thanks

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Emma

Is this number a joke 07533051809 "voice calls are not supported on this number"

0 Kudos