Menu
rajbob
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

going to the ombudsman

This is a message for Virgin Media forum team members, Hetty, Paul & Corey.
The time has come to take my complaint to the Ombudsman, despite numerous attempts by me chasing and chasing and chasing you guys.
At one point Hetty did actually call me on my personal mobile (at my request) and told me she would personally own my issue / complaint to conclusion. Despite this giving me great hope, I have been disappointed as no further contact has been made in over 3 or 4 weeks. A regular update would have been appreciated, but nothing I'm afraid.
Virgin Media complaints team have managed to send me 2 emails, closing my complaint, indicating they were unable to contact me - very strange given I have passed on my mobile, they have my email, my home phone and my forum contact details (4 contact methods) all of which are open and working. I have definitely not missed any attempted communications from them.
I note this happens to other customer complaints when I read the forums - incredible given this should be Virgin Media's opportunity to not only resolve issues, but allow them to improve the services they offer and take valuable customer feedback.
In fact I have also had at least 2 feedback emails from Virgin Media, which needless to say I have responded with less than glowing accounts of how my complaint has been dealt with.
To date no one has contacted me to ratify these responses.
The ironic thing is I have been a Virgin Media (originally NTLWorld) customer for over 20 years and generally think the service is quite good, however, I expect much better customer service from such a large organisation when things are not working as they should.
All I request is that the services I pay for work reliably.
I have no idea how the ombudsman will handle the next steps but I hope they fall on the ‘little guys’ side and understand that for all Virgin Media’s complaints processes and procedures, they do not do the basics well, which for me is strong, regular communication and updates on how a complaint is going. Sending closure emails after 28 days with no action is not acceptable.
I am still open to someone of suitable seniority contacting me from Virgin Media but in the meantime I have no other avenue to pursue, aside from the ombudsman.
Regards
Rob

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: going to the ombudsman

I've flagged this for forum staff to respond.

Once you initiate a complaint with CISAS (the "ombudsman" for VM), then the company can't respond to you, so consider that.  Also, check the customer guidance on the CISAS website, in particular the detail about having to allow VM eight weeks to resolve a complaint (unless VM issue a deadlock letter before that).  If it comes to this, structure any complaint to CISAS very clearly - background, problem, contacts with VM, VM responses, complaints to VM, complaint handling by VM, and state the outcomes you want.  Use bullet points or short paragraphs, and remember that the CISAS adjudicator starts off knowing nothing about your complaint.  It often makes sense to write this out in a long format text document, and when you've finished write a short summary to put at the start, and THEN you start the CISAS submission.  You can then cut and paste into the CISAS systems as relevant.

CISAS do uphold the majority of customer complaints, but they won't play ball with trivial or vexatious (nuisance) complaints, and you need to have a realistic idea of what outcome you want.  Compensation awards are frequent, but modest.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
rajbob
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi - thanks for your advice. It would be great to not have to call VM out like this and be able to deal with them directly but they have given me no choice by their lack of contact and response which I find unacceptable. Simple comms normally suffices in my experience but they seem unable to do this which is a theme I read on the forum. I hope if nothing else VM start taking note that helping their customers is pretty fundamental to their business and will only enhance their reputation positively. Why have all these tools (forum, complaints team and process etc) when they are not used correctly?

regards

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi rajbob,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I'm sorry that this issue hasn't been resolved for you.

I'm just going to send you a Private Message so that I can confirm some details with you, and then we can discuss this issue further. Please look our for a purple envelope n the top right corner of this page.

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team