Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

get bill even I cancelled my contract

Hi there,

I had cancelled my contract on 26th September 2020 for a month notice. I immediately got the confirmation email about disconnecting my services (on 26th October 2020). They only forgot(?) to write this to the email.

Service still ongoing, still haven't received final bill, virgin still debting my bank account.

Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: get bill even I cancelled my contract

Hi JoeGoron,

You gave your 30 days notice on 26th September, therefore your services are due to be disconnected at some point tomorrow (the 31st day) as you are still allowed access until the end of the 30th day.

Hopefully this will shed some light on how the final billing works.

When you cancel by  giving the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection. In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed.

If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund 45 days after disconnection.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali