cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get bill even I cancelled my contract

fondi
Tuning in

I had cancelled my contract on 1st March 2019 for a month notice.I had advanced payment up to 

6 April 2019. I called VM that would refund the charge from 31/03 to 06/04.

Since than I have received bills for April and May. I called VM, it took ages to wait but still no

connect to reference department.

Anyone can solve this issues ? And not yet received my refund!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Fondi

Yes have got Martin's pm and have now sent him my details, so I'm hopefuly of some good help there as his post is really helpful so far.

Can only agree with your comments abouttaking money off you. To be fair it's not just VM but it seems commonplace with most of not all providers that they will take money off you in the blink of an eye and ask questions afterwards, but to get money back is an entirely different story. I do think providers such as VM have improved their customer services a great deal in recent years, no doubt because of all the bad press they got. However I still think you'll need to strongly insist they repay you what they owe you!

My worry is that  they try to claim payement of the bill they sent yesterday, which is for the period after my contract termination date, as I've cancelled the direct debit to stop any suchpayment. However I've siad in my letter to them that I'll contest this if they do.

Like you I disconnected my virgin box on the agreed termination date, but I've left the router on just so I check to see if the connection is still live using my phone.

However with people like Martin around I do hope things will keep on improving.

Best wishes

David

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

davidmca
Tuning in

Hi there

Apologies if you've already done this. I'm in same position as you. I wrote to Virgin Media giving 30 days notice to end my contract Customer Services, Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ with all the details, and my understanding of when I'd be paying my last bill. I made a rough calculation of what they owed me, as I had given 30 days written notice, but this end date was about a week before the period covered in the last bill I paid. I then cancelled my direct debit to avoid any extra payments in error, and asked them to repay me what they owed me. I also asked them to send me pre paid jippy bags so I could return thier box and modem, and that I would do so once they paid me what they owed.

You'll see from my own post that like you I'm now waiting for broadband connection to end, as it's still live after my termination date, and I got another and very unexpected bill. Good luck and best wishes.

David

Hi, I had unplug the VM box when my new service provider board band connected.

I had cancelled the VM direct debit ,but they still sent me a letter and asked for 

overdue payment and emailed me the bills.

I kept trying to call VM 0345-454-1111 many time (150 only from VM phone) ,

but could not to get to bills department. 

I don't know when VM will refund money?

Fondi

Hi Fondi

I'm only a customer, or ex customer, just like you, so I honestly dont know. If anyone viewing this trail is from VM please can you let Fondi know about repayment of the extra bills.  My own view is that, if you put in writing what you agreed to pay including any adjustment for your final bill, and then specifically ask them to repay you what they owe you, then you've let VM know and ball is in their court. Personally I'll be asking Citizens Advice Bureau and/or a solicitor for advice if VM do not repay what they owe within a reasonable time. Hope this is of some help and best wishes.

David

Hi David

Thanks for your reply and suggestion

Just noticed Martin will send you private message.

I have asked him whether he can help me as well?

It's quite hard to get money back even you follow each step,

and they can get your money very easy by direct debit!

Fondi

Hi Fondi

Yes have got Martin's pm and have now sent him my details, so I'm hopefuly of some good help there as his post is really helpful so far.

Can only agree with your comments abouttaking money off you. To be fair it's not just VM but it seems commonplace with most of not all providers that they will take money off you in the blink of an eye and ask questions afterwards, but to get money back is an entirely different story. I do think providers such as VM have improved their customer services a great deal in recent years, no doubt because of all the bad press they got. However I still think you'll need to strongly insist they repay you what they owe you!

My worry is that  they try to claim payement of the bill they sent yesterday, which is for the period after my contract termination date, as I've cancelled the direct debit to stop any suchpayment. However I've siad in my letter to them that I'll contest this if they do.

Like you I disconnected my virgin box on the agreed termination date, but I've left the router on just so I check to see if the connection is still live using my phone.

However with people like Martin around I do hope things will keep on improving.

Best wishes

David

Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi fondi,

If you've cancelled your account and have been billed for a period that falls outside of the disconnection date any funds that were paid for days after service ended would be refunded to you by cheque 45 days after the disconnection date.

Have you confirmed that your services have now fully ended?

Thanks,
Tom_S

Hi Tom

Thank you for your reply

When I log in my VM account,a message "You're not with Virgin Media anymore .........".

Is my service end? I cancelled the direct debit ,I still have got bills for April and May.

I am worry that VM will put credit score check when I am not paying the bills amount.

please check and confirm 

Thanks

Fondi

Hi, Fondi.

No worries, will now send you a quick PM so I can assist you further with this.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I am in a similar situation, but I do not want to cancel my contract. I would like to move it from the M200 to the M100 broadband option because my payments have increased by 45% automatically cos my contract will be renewed in May. I have been trying to contact VM since the end of March but without success.  All calls are dropped after 40min in the queue. There is no online option to change my plan. Not a chance to contact them via email.

As per the link below, I sent an email to [MOD EDIT: Staff email address removed]

This is their response - Lutz is currently not available to deal with your complaint personally, however, we have passed your email onto a member of his team, and they will be in touch with you as soon as possible in order to assist you with your queries.

Obviously, nobody contacted me. I think my next step will be to try to contact CISAS.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/bills-and-utilities/broadband/virgin-media-make-customer-services-listen...